Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Am I a gamer?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Mrs. S bought me an Xbox one for xmas along with WRC6. I love rally. Now, today is my birthday and Mrs. S bought me a Thrustmaster (ooerrr) steering wheel and pedal set along with a stand to mount them securely.

So. Does this make me a gamer? I don’t aspire to be one btw but I realised that my setup is getting a bit serious and I may have accidentally climbed that fence.

maccruiskeen

a Thrustmaster (ooerrr) steering wheel and pedal set along with a stand to mount them securely.

Cheapskate. If she really loved you she’d buy you the one with the added heated wing mirrors and glovebox-simulator.

funkmasterp

Don’t worry. If you’re not drunkenly playing FPS until the early hours, in a clan, with a bunch of other drunks you should be safe. Any sort of Sports based titles keep you firmly in the casual camp.

If you start playing Japanese RPG’s with plots nobody can follow (but won’t admit to) or phoning in sick to raid ones more cave, bunker, building in a Bethesda game you may have crossed the line.

Basically if it’s something you can recreate in real life without breaking lots of laws then you’re safe 🙂

Cougar

I neither know nor care, but happy birthday.

Project Cars is free on GWG next week, incidentally.

hatter

Anyone who:

A: Has their gaming peripherals bought for them by their spouse or

B: Has a spouse

Is by definition a filthy casual.

You’re safe… for now, ever tried Dark Souls?

maccruiskeen

scuttler

I’m not bothered about computer games. And then I had a go at Forza Horizon 3. Now I’ve also got a steering wheel. But I’m coming to terms with it one day at a time.

funkmasterp

Nice Warcraft reference 🙂

Demon Souls and Dark Souls, two of the finest games from the last few years.

olly2097
    Free Member

Try dirt rally.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

I’m not bothered about games, then I tried dirt rally, now I’m looking at steering wheel setups online. 😳

mattyfez

It starts with an innocent steering wheel. Then before you know it, you’re playing flight sims.

Don’t ever go full flight sim.

Jamie
    Free Member

I don’t think driving games make you too much of a gamer.

There are levels to this shit…

fifeandy
    Free Member

Until you’ve put 1000hrs into a single game you’re not a proper gamer.
    Some would even argue that owning a console makes you nit a proper gamer either.

andeh

Do you like Half Life?

jack1991
    Free Member

Yeah but the only people who say your not a gamer if you own a console is the pc master race but I just think its each to their own

benp1

I used to have a Gameracer set up for GT2 (on my PS2), plus the official steering wheel and pedals to go with the game.

It was awesomes, but impractical size wise. I sold it a couple of years ago, I’ll get another when the kids are old enough to play. It was good fun, just a pain to store

njee20
    Free Member

+1 for Dirt Rally. Better than WRC6.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Am I a gamer?’ is closed to new replies.