Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • AM: Carbon Commencal from 2011 vs. alu Kross from 2015?
  • deathbychuck
    Free Member

Hi everyone,

I have the opportunity to replace my Commencal Meta 55 Carbon 2011 with a Rockshox Reverb dropper post and Mavic Crossmax SX wheels (that I recently bought for 1200€) for a Kross Moon V1 keeping the same wheels and post.

There are two motivations for this: I feel better and more confortable on the Kross and I’d make a ~300€ plus value on the swap (which would go into a GPS or an action cam). Also, I am worried about the resell value of the Commencal in few years being too low.
    A thing worth mentioning, I am a beginner so I am not sure I am gonna make the most of the high end equipment of the Commencal.

The major differences I see are that:
    [list]
    [*]The Commencal is 5 y.o. vs 1 y.o. for the Kross
    [*]The Commencal weights 13.5kg vs 15kg (carbon vs. aluminium)
    [*]The shocks are lockable on the Commencal
    [*]The Kross has less premium parts than the Commencal (the latter costs around twice as much as the former).
    [/list]

I know the question is pretty vague, my point is simply to get all the feedback I can in order to make an educated decision.

So, what do you think? Should I go with the “feel” and get the Kross, or stay with the technically best bike?

Thank you!

warpcow
    Free Member

Resale value on the Meta will likely be poor now, so I wouldn’t even bother considering that as a factor imo. If I only had to pick between those two, I’d take the Kross for the more modern geometry and an arguably better fork. If it seems to fit the riding you do and you feel better on it I don’t see why you wouldn’t choose the Kross.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘AM: Carbon Commencal from 2011 vs. alu Kross from 2015?’ is closed to new replies.