Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • AM Bike Choice
  • harfi
    Free Member

Hi all, Looking at getting a new bike, I’m currently using a Orange Ms isle but I’m looking at getting a full suspension bike, the choices I’ve got so far are a Trek remedy 2010/11, Orange five or a Orange blood

Ideally I want the bike to be more comfortable on longer rides and be a better climber. I’ll be buying a frame then build up from there..

Out of the choices above which would be your suggestions, I’ll be doing a mixture of xc and am riding but would like a bike thats a blast on the downs but also doesn’t take it out of you on the climbs

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/6900290/

Current bike

patriotpro
    Free Member

I would say the Remedy sounds like the bike for you.

br
    Free Member

You like Orange, so go with a Five.

Or demo a few and buy what suits you best.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ive heard those Treks and Oranges are ideal for “big days out in the hills”

But since you’re only going to be riding it in the morning, you might be able to get away with something cheaper/lighter/faster like a hardtail.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Got a new intense if that tickles your fancy?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Go to demo days. Try lots – it’s fun (take your pedals)

Unless it’s a shocker the first full sus will feel amazing regardless of what it is.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Spesh Pitch? Just got one myself and am loving it so far – climbs really well considering its travel.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’d be looking at a Remedy too, or most likely a Spesh Stumpjumper. The humble Stumpy is very capable bike these days, it seems to answer the “one bike for all occasions” better than anything else I can readily think of.

The best suggestion anyone can give you has already been said – and that is to test as many bikes as you can before you buy. Also, give a Giant trance a go if you can, they’re pretty good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘AM Bike Choice’ is closed to new replies.