• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by ton.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Always hungry…..help.
  • ton

is there a condition where no matter what you eat, you are still hungry?
    and this is not a joke. I can sit down and eat a full meal, and within 10 minutes I am still hungry. I follow the primal plan as much as possible.
    loads of protein, chicken, beans, quinoa, chickpease. tons of veg and fruit.
    even had to start eating a fair bit of rice and some bread.

Cougar

You’re a greedy fat knacker. HTH. (-:

There’s a ‘thing’ where being thirsty can trigger hunger pangs, I believe. Try a cup of tea or something after your meal.

Also, satiating hunger can take half an hour or so after you’ve eaten. Ie, if you ignore it for twenty minutes, it’ll probably go away.

IANADietician.

cookeaa
    si77

Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS), I remember there was a documentary on it about 10 years ago. (disclaimer – there are probably other conditions with that symptom)

ton

surely a 49 year old bloke cant just get something like that?

it is not thirst, I sit drinking tea and coffee all day.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You have worms.

Or you’re pregnant. Again.

trail_rat
    Free Member

are you hungry or bored.

they are one and the same ime.

if im busy i eat little – if ive sat down on the sofa for a lazy friday night i suddenly find im hungry – regardless if ive just eaten.

ton

checked for that already flash..all clear.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyone else now have an image of Ton peeing on a pregnancy test?

😀

ton

this is not a laughing matter…..I am worried, I feel like I am gonna eat myself to death… 😐

moshimonster
    Free Member

Yeah I generally feel hungry for most of the day. I put it down to boredom. I stopped working full time 5 years ago and now have stopped working completely. Snacking seems to have replaced working and it’s not doing me a lot of good to be honest. On the plus side I’ve started grazing more on fruit which seems to have helped. It doesn’t really stop the hunger, but it gives me something to do and makes me feel better.

hooli

I am like that at this time of year, seems as soon as it gets a bit colder and darker I cant stop eating.

midlifecrashes

Are you cold? I always pig out when the weather turns. Put a jacket and hat on if you’re working in a draft.

revs1972
    Free Member

If your mind is open to it, try hypnotherapy.
    I have used it to help loosing weight and to help with an aversion to most vegetables and found it worked. I need a second session though 4 months on as I feel I am going back to my old ways

zippykona

I do get it occasionally.
    I break out either a loaf of soreen or a tin of rice pudding.
    Then I go to bed as I know that’s the only way to stop the craving.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Maybe you’re just not eating enough?

ton

I do run very cold now. and the place I work is a ice box once winter arrives.

so far this morning I have eaten 4 scrampled eggs with ham. 2 x bagels with ham and cream cheese. 2 x bananas. and I have a tub of bean and lentl soup for dinner.

woody2000

Ton – what meds are you on after your heart op? Maybe they’re having an effect?

I reckon you’re bored though – try sudoku 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Part of the feeling of being ‘full’ is due to some chemical (I forget what) released by the stomach on receiving high GI carbohydrate, and if you eat slow carb/low carb you might not get much of it. Try having one small sweet thing after a low GI meal. Sometimes helps me. A cup of tea with one sugar is quite effective I find.

Cougar

Sugar in tea? Are you some sort of mentalist?

ton

what meds are you on after your heart op

amiodarone, which I have just read can effect you thyroid and give you bitch tits….great stuff!

BoardinBob

it is not thirst, I sit drinking tea and coffee all day.

Both diuretics?

A few things to consider:

Have you upped your activity level lately? More exercise demands more food.

You’re a big guy so you will have a bigger appetite. Don’t starve yourself or massively restrict calories. If you’re aiming for weight loss, eat clean, eat small and eat often.

Slow down when you’re eating and chew your food. Drink a pint of water along with it.

Gowrie
    Free Member

Diabetes? Hyperthyroidism?

Pigface
    Free Member

strangest. . . .

stumpy01

Whenever I find myself eating loads, it’s because of boredom and/or habit.

I think a lot of it is psychological. Well, it is with me anyway….

At work, for example. I used to eat breakfast before leaving for work, at about 6:30am. So, by 10am I was quite peckish and would have a cereal bar with a coffee.
    Now I have breakfast when I get to work, generally about 8:30am. But, by 10am when I am thinking about a cup of coffee I feel peckish and want a cereal bar. But, it’s just the association with the coffee. I don’t think I am actually hungry because I’ve not long finished a bowl of cereal.

Also, if I am really busy I don’t even consider food. But, if I’m doing something boring and looking for distractions or have nothing to do, I think about eating something and that makes me hungry.

moshimonster
    Free Member

I find Penn State sour cream & chive Pretzels are very effective. I can make a large bag last nearly 2 days.

chakaping
    Free Member

so far this morning I have eaten 4 scrampled eggs with ham. 2 x bagels with ham and cream cheese. 2 x bananas. and I have a tub of bean and lentl soup for dinner.

Go and see your GP. Try to keep an open mind about what he/she suggests.

moshimonster
    Free Member

That makes me feel much better with my 1 pano-chocolate, 1 bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee.

willard

I have heard that drinking a glass of water before a meal can help you feel more full after eating it. I’ve never tried it myself, but should do because I tend to trough all meals in 30 seconds, then look around for spare food. It’s only then that I start feeling too full.

And yes, I have been told to slow down my eating. That will never happen though.

Maybe just go see the GP Ton. Your body’s been through a lot recently and they might be able to offer better advice than 99% of us on here.

scaled
    Free Member

amiodarone, which I have just read can effect you thyroid and give you bitch tits….great stuff!

cb

When that idave stuff was flying around, before he departed with someone else’s money, I read a quote from someone on here. It said something along the lines of “get used to enjoying the feel of hunger”.

As someone who eats more than breathes I thought that was absolute gumph. However, I lost two stone on the low carb regime and without actually enjoying the hunger – I treated it as a challenge. Rather than cleaning that next tech climb, challenge yourself to refusing the next snack.

Disclaimer, I have now gained half a stone and just enjoyed my second pack of rolos this morning…

Cougar

So far this morning, I’m on my second coffee. I’ll probably eat about 1 – 1:30.

geoffj

Fizzy water and apples.

ton

cb, I lost 5 stone on the idiet, and have managed to keep 4 stone of it off, even while being very sedantry for the last 4 years.
    this is a unnatural hunger tho. proper like I could just eat and eat.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

pano-chocolate

Is this an Americanism?

Pedant – pain au chocolat – Pedant.

S’il vous plait.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Try skipping breakfast. If I eat breakfast. I want lunch sooner. Eating makes me hungry.

Cougar

You’re a big guy

Sorry, I didn’t actually know this, so my initial jokey comment makes me sound like a nob. Please accept my apologies for any inadvertent offence I may have caused.

lunge

A few of suggestions, they may be worth a try, a good few of these worked for me and helped me stop eating constantly.

1. Drink water, lots of it. Try dropping some of the tea and coffee and drink pints of water instead. Make sure you have a pint before you eat each meal and make it your first drink in the morning. This will fill your stomach and may well help.
    2. Eat with a small fork. It forces you to take longer over your food rather than shovelling it in and being ready for the next lot.
    3. Finish your meal and don’t touch any food for a minimum of 45 minutes, no matter how much you want to. This will give your stomach time to send it “full” signal.
    4. Eat smaller meals more often. Instead of eating 3 reasonable size meals a day try eating smaller ones ever 3 hours to keep your stomach topped up. You’ll eat the same volume but as it’s more regular you may stop the hunger pangs.
    5. Try the apple test. Have a bag of apples close to hand, when you think you’re hungry ask yourself if you’d like an apple instead of the bagel/eggs/pie/whatever. It forces you to think about what you’re eating not just throw what you want down your neck
    6. Stop being bored. I eat when I’m bored and there is nothing else to think about, often at work. So I now have ways of stopping the boredom which stops the food intake.

moshimonster
    Free Member

Is this an Americanism?

No, it’s what our 2 year old calls them.

BoardinBob

Try skipping breakfast

Possibly one of the worst bits of advice ever.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Always hungry…..help.’ is closed to new replies.