Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • aluminium paint stripping
  • parisroubaix

looking for an alternative to nitromors and scraping, dont mind paying for a good job. Anyone with a positive experience? Blasting with sand etc not suitable, the anodisers have asked specifically this is not done, as tint bits of embedded paint will ruin their finish. i’ve hear of acid dipping etc but dont want to damage the aluminium- is this suitable?

balfa
    Free Member

I’m waiting on a frame back thats being dipped at the moment. I believe it is ok as long as its not caustic dipping solution. Will have a better idea in a few days. I tried nitromors first but it was fairly useless on my frame.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Yup. Just had an alu frame dipped as it was doing nothing, so needed to be sold on, but was very tatty. I’ll post the FS ad here, it’s got a link to the place that stipped it, and lots of photos so you can see the outcome. Cost me £20, but gained a weekend of not doing it myself. They did it in a couple of days as well.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-giant-xtc-frame-stripped-ready-for-powdercoating-21-22

Not sure what they used, but it was acid of some sort. Frame is fine, not damaged in any way.

parisroubaix

Thanks guys, any other good companies to use?

takisawa2

Enviro-Strip in Tamworth. £20 last time I asked. That’s who a local powder coater uses also.

Macavity
    Free Member

Soda blasting can be OK, with minimal effect on the aluminium.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘aluminium paint stripping’ is closed to new replies.