Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • alu layback seatposts – options?
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

I usually run the older one-bolt EA70 post but they are getting harder to source these days.

What are the options for a decent (black) 27.2mm alu post with a good 25mm+ of layback?

… and I prefer a layback head rather than the ‘bent’ design of, say, Thomson.

mrbump
    Free Member

controltech team issue 1. great quailty and light. 20mm setback i think.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

just spotted the 3T Dorico – looks tempting.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

According to CRC the ControlTech is only 10mm, which isn’t enough unfortunately. The M post has 20mm though, but is a tad ugly…

timbur
    Free Member

USE Sumo has a layback option, in black and 27.2 IIRC

timbur
    Free Member

30mm layback as well.

Just remeber to do it up TIGHT and to grease the cups/rails/bolt before tightening.

Garry_Lager

Timbur – I have a USE sumo and I was planning to send it back tomorrow, such is its failure to clamp the seat properly. Been really irritated by it on rocky rides – over a bump (it’s on a HT), me aris hits the seat and the seat clamp slips. Cups are lightly greased but not the rails – is it worth persevering with do you think?

timbur
    Free Member

Possibly. I’ve got loads of USE bits and you need to treat them with special care sometimes :O)

Do it up proper tight but make sure the bolt threads are greased first. It makes a strange cranking noise when you get it REALLY tight which is a bit of a worry but mine has stayed put since.

Tim

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘alu layback seatposts – options?’ is closed to new replies.