• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mart.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Altura Vortex frame bag. Has anyone used one?
  • mart
    Free Member

This looks around the right size for my needs, and falls in between cheap and expensive which also makes it attractive. Does anyone own one and have any feedback for me please?

dovebiker

Haven’t handled one, but the velcro attachment points look a bit weak to me, I prefer something with a webbing ladder-rack of attachment points which also helps spread the load – probably less of an issue if you’re only carrying light loads.

mart
    Free Member

That did cross my mind too, based on images. Thanks.

mbnutter
    Free Member

I have one… use it a fair bit.

It came as part of a job lot and is quite small so fits into my FF29 frame.

The attachments are fine, the material is generally pretty good but the zip doesn’t like zipping with a full load, it is still working though.

Overall i’d like something better but it does nowt wrong and fits my frame…. so it stays until it gives up, which shows no signs of being anytime soon.

Have their seat pack too…. hate the damn thing with a passion, that is being replaced.

mart
    Free Member

Thanks mtbnutter. I think I’ll order one and check it out.

bri-72

A very thin material akin to a waterproof jacket outer. On a positive it’s pretty light, but not sure how hard wearing over time.

At £40 I’d probably rather have spent a wee bit more and got something a bit sturdier. Itssslsi a bit smaller than I’d thought.

Sure I’ve seen a near identical model on eBay with a different branding for less cash, worth a punt?

Edit: by lomo who have good rep for they’re dry bags.

mbnutter
    Free Member

I have a fair bit of Lomo kit… amazing value.

mart
    Free Member

Thanks again. I’ll check out the Lomo.

mart
    Free Member

Yep. That looks good to me. Cheers!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Altura Vortex frame bag. Has anyone used one?’ is closed to new replies.