Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Altura short sizing advise
  • z1ppy

How do they measure up? Small or largewithin the sizing?

Want to order some, but the measuring chart on Wiggle says 34″ waist is a large, 36″ is a x-large… well I take 34″ jeans but 36″ suit trousers..

Leaning towards the X-large but wondered what other ppl thought?

Clink

They size up pretty accurately – search for the thread on this t’other day.

swisstony
    Free Member

yep, pretty good, i’ve got some shorts and trousers in medium which is 32 i think.

z1ppy

hmmm the other thread isn’t really of any use…. looks like I’ll have to try and return if too big/small.
    Yes if my LBS had them, which they don’t, I could try them…

Junkyard
    Free Member

as above Small is indeed 30 and fine for me

DrDolittle
    Free Member

I’m a large Altura, xl Endura in shorts. 34″ in most jeans, 36″ in my weddings and funerals gear.

z1ppy

ohhh Dr. Dolittle, are the Altura a tight fit in the large, or slightly baggy? (or just right said goldie-locks)

Endura are another story, I have some XL shorts that the belt only just fit round my waist.. what are they on?

DrDolittle
    Free Member

I use the adjusters on the side a little bit to fit them up snug if that’s any help. (this is altura 3/4 and full length waterproofs i’m talking about) I find altura to be significantly larger sized than endura in all the products that i’ve tried.

z1ppy

Dr. D, I’m looking at the 3/4 waterproofs, so that dead useful, will go for the large uns then.

This will be the 1st pair of non-endura shorts I’ve bought, but seems a no-brainer at the price merlin want for the 3/4’s vs Endura version.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

My mate has the waterproof endura 3/4s and the articulated knee area seems to be really high up above his knee. One more reason to go for the altura 3/4s, cheaper and better fitting. And waterproof too, I can vouch for that.

swisstony
    Free Member

I must be unlucky as my altura ‘waterproof’ shorts are rubbish and not waterproof at all, i won’t be buying another pair.

Buy cheap, buy twice?

z1ppy

ST – maybe you got a bad pair, I’ve only heard good things about them, including a friends personal recommendation.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Altura short sizing advise’ is closed to new replies.