Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Altura Night Vision Evo or Endura Luminite jacket for road rides?
  • kevin1911

Need a new water proof jacket for road riding and am considering either the Altura night vision evo or the endura luminite. Anyone care to recommended either of them? Or any alternatives?

johnnystorm

I can only say I’m happy with my Altura NVE. I like the fact I can open/close the pit zips when on the move.

velocipede
    Free Member

My NVE fell to buts after a few months & in very general terms I find endura kit to be slightly better quality….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Trekster

Prefer Montane stuff myself. I just make sure I have some led lights on even in daylight, small, cheap flashing ones rather than bright flouro jackets.
    http://www.merlincycles.com/montane-minimus-jacket-63880.html
    http://www.merlincycles.com/montane-atomic-stretch-jacket-63871.html

MoreCashThanDash

Evo is very warm. Mines into it’s third winter commuting. Possibly too warm for road riding? And check the fit, mines a bit baggy and boxy. Great commuting jacket though.

And plus one for lights in daytime for visibility

2bit
    Free Member

I’m looking for a similar jacket & have recently returned x2 Altura NVE jackets due to reflective bits falling off.

Tried the Luminite jacket on yesterday & it seemed much better built but nowhere as reflective as the NVE…

lordmerchant
    Free Member

I got the endura NVE, it is simply AMAZING

kevin1911

I tend to go for bright flouro jackets AND lights. Sounds like the endura may just be winning at the moment. It’s also a few quid cheaper.

kevin1911

The endura NVE?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Altura Night Vision Evo or Endura Luminite jacket for road rides?’ is closed to new replies.