Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Altura Night Vision Evo Jacket Flakiness
  • 2bit

Evening all

Anyone else had issues with the above jacket & the front zip reflective bits flaking & peeling off?

I’m on my 2nd jacket (1st one sent back for the same front zip reflective flaking) & after only a week of wearing (20 miles total) the front zip reflective bit has started to flake off again.

Design fault? Unlucky with both jackets? For such an expensive jacket its surely ridiculous that one of its main features (high reflectivity) can start to degrade after such a short space of time? 5 Days mun?!

Not sure if I want to try a 3rd jacket if thats just the way they’re built. Anyone had the jacket & had similar issues?

MoreCashThanDash

Mines on it’s 3rd winter, so an older model. I’ve had little bits of the reflective details flake off but certainly not enough to reduce the effectiveness of the reflectives or make me think about returning it – I still get comments from passing cyclists about how it stands out in headlights

2bit

Did yours start flaking after only a few days?

I just cant get my head around paying a lot of money for a product only for bits to fall off it days later. Mines going back but its whether I try for a 3rd or find something else…

burmaboy
    Free Member

Hi there
    One of my cuctomers at the bike shop i work for had exactly the same problem on a red evo.

We exchanged it no problem. He hasn’t been back but i’m guessing its a design fault.

Deke

MoreCashThanDash

tbh, the day after I bought it I went sliding down the road on some black ice, and my first thought was “Damn, I only bought this yesterday….”

I don’t recall bits flaking off straight away. Mine is 3 years old, been worn and washed loads of times, and any flaking is still only minor. I see plenty of other people commute in various versions of NightVision kit and I’ve not noticed, or heard of anyone, with any real issues with it.

I guess only you can decide whether you are getting value for money out of it or not

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I’m on, I think, my third – I’ve not noticed any issues with the reflective bits, but I do find the pocket zips can split at the ends, as they haven’t made the openings big enough to get my hands in. Maybe the men’s pockets are bigger? Also the waterproofness doesn’t seem to last, despite washing (with Techwash) and re-proofing, but it’s as good as any other jacket.

burmaboy
    Free Member

i think its a problem with the latest edition.

velocipede
    Free Member

I’ve found zips to be awful on two of mine….and the coating on the inside of Mrs Velocipedes just fell off after a few months…. to the extent that I won’t buy another Altura jacket again ….. my wife has the latest Aldi one which was bought for £15 as an emergency purchase and is actually very good!!

2bit

Hmmmm – Think its going to go back & I’ll look for an alternative.

Given that its one of the commuter jackets & that the commuter market is (I’m guessing) huge, I’m surprised they’ve let their flagship product out the door with issues

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Altura Night Vision Evo Jacket Flakiness’ is closed to new replies.