Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Altura Ladies Day at Whinlatter, Lift offered, Edinburgh, Fri pm, Back Saturday
  • rickmeister

Mrs Rickmeister and a friend are booked on this day at Whinlatter. Its a 09:00 start this Saturday so we will be traveling from Edinburgh, Friday after work. Have a couple of places in the van and space for bikes and kit. Definite lift dow Friday and perhaps, more importantly, back (on Saturday….)

If you can sort your own accomodation or camping (we have room to take your tent no problem), or can blag a place on the course day and want a lift or you fancy a day riding in the North Lakes (Skiddaw, Borowdale Bash etc etc) for a share of the fuel… or your going anyway and want to share the driving cost…

If you don't want anything to do with biking but relish a retail/drinking opportunity in Keswick or North Lakes (ace farm shop at Rheged)…

rickDOTandreaATtalktalk.net

ScotlandTheScared

Dont need a lift, but I am taking Mrs STS over to that. Not sure what I will do for the day – taking bike obviously. If you're looking for someone else to go riding for the day while the ladies do their thing, then find me at the place (or mail me: ScotlandTheScared at gmail dot com) – I will be on an orange clockwork. Will you be sticking around Whinlatter for the Saturday or heading off elsewhere?

rickmeister

STS, I am taking a bike too. Probably not going to be biking at Whinlatter as its fairer to let them get on with it and have a clear run at the trails.

I would be up for a trip out on Saturday…. Look for this in the carpark…

rickmeister

Waiting to hear from a couple of people, could have three places.

ScotlandTheScared

Rick – OK will do. Had been planning to just pootle around by myself while Mrs STS went off with the other ladies. I dont know any of the riding in the lakes really so will see what you're thinking of doing when I get there on Saturday morning.

STS

BillyBull
    Free Member

Is there a link to this course I can show my partner.

rickmeister

There is a nice run around Skiddaw to do, with a great bit of techy stuff against Glenderaterra (or something) beck with an ace descent back to Keswick, or other stuff down in Borrowdale…

I used to live in Pooley Bridge for 3 years so know a few options….

Could still stay at Winlatter though…. up for something on the day.

rickmeister
    BillyBull
    Free Member

Was after course details. Found something on british cycling website. Cheers anyway.

rickmeister

Course details are mailed to folk that signed up.. want me to forward them to you?

BillyBull
    Free Member

That would be great. Just wanted to show the partner as she is looking at courses. Never know there may be a space comes up.

Thanks

rickmeister

its on again Sunday due to demand.. got a mail contact to send it to?

BillyBull
    Free Member

Have emailed you. Cheers.

rickmeister

Billy places for Sunday apparently….

rickmeister

Lift places taken now folks…. forecast is good too….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Altura Ladies Day at Whinlatter, Lift offered, Edinburgh, Fri pm, Back Saturday’ is closed to new replies.