• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Altura Dryline Shorts – are they supposed to be waterproof?
  • fbk
    Free Member

Just wondering what people thought of these. The principle seems sound – saving you from getting a wet back side.

I bought some last week and having ridden in them twice I'm really disappointed – ok so the ride at CyB on Saturday was a bit extreme but even after a short night ride at Cannock Wednesday night I finished with decidedly soggy Lycra. I was wearing a waterproof jacket so there shouldn't have been much water getting in at the waist and I can't really see enough getting up the shorts to soak the liner. All in all they seem a bit of a pointless exercise!

Or have others had better experiences – maybe I've got a dodgy pair???

rolfharris
    Free Member

I wore waterproof shorts at CYB on Saturday and I don't think anything short a drysuit would have kept all that moisture out.

fbk
    Free Member

superstar_opponents – no, you're absolutely right, Saturday was a bit OTT – my eVent jacket soaked through too. It's more the fact that after a 50 minute jaunt round "follow the dog" I got a wet @rse from ground water (It wasn't even raining). I'd have thought they should've performed better then at least.

CyB was fun Saturday though wasn't it? Don't think I've ever enjoyed the Beast more 🙂

giantjason
    Free Member

i have some and they keep me dry.

Last week i had a waterprrof jacket and shorts on and was dry underneath.

Are you sure it is not sweat?

fbk
    Free Member

If sweat got me that wet on a 50 minute ride on a cold night I think I'd see a doctor 😉

No, definately water spray from the trail.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Altura Dryline Shorts – are they supposed to be waterproof?’ is closed to new replies.