Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Altura Attack X Waterproof Jacket
  • bikersx30
    Free Member

Has anyone bought a Altura Attack X Waterproof Jacket,if so are they any good?

RobinL

Yes, I bought one and it seems fine, perhaps a bit baggy at the front on my racing snake physique 😀

It’s not been washed much yet though so I’ve no idea how the waterproofing holds up over time.

HTH

Northwind

I’ve got one, haven’t worn it very often as I run too hot- not the jacket’s fault though, I’m a sweaty mess. Waterproofing has been perfect and it’s been washed a few times with no problems. Seems reasonably durable too.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

I have one and would echo Northwinds comments. If you get hot and sweaty its not for you IME. Waterproofing has been a little hit and miss the shoulders and upper arms seam has been letting the gentle northern rain in! If you are paying full price I’d shop around for an alternative.

Northwind

TBH there isn’t a waterproof out there I don’t instantly turn into a portable sauna, except on really cold days… Only waterproof I can usually wear is a gilet and even then they overheat me. So definately not a criticism of the jacket.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I’m about to send mine back for a replacement – the waterproof main zip has gone all funny, like waterproof zips sometimes do when they get crap in them.

Bit of a shame, as otherwise it’s been great – really like the fit and I’ve not noticed it being particularly hot, though I tend to run pretty cold…

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Double post.

janwayne69
    Free Member

Hey,
    i know is isn’t the most recent thread but i’m wondering about this:

the attack x is kinda like the flagship of altura outdoor rain jackets from what i gather, so i’m guessing comparable to the gore Alp-X 2.0 which plays a similar role i think?

can anyone compare these two flagship jackets? because i’m thinking: if i can buy a gore alp-x 2.0 for £190, why would i buy an altura for £180?

janwayne69
    Free Member

Hey,
    i know is isn’t the most recent thread but i’m wondering about this:

the attack x is kinda like the flagship of altura outdoor rain jackets from what i gather, so i’m guessing comparable to the gore Alp-X 2.0 which plays a similar role i think?

can anyone compare these two flagship jackets? because i’m thinking: if i can buy a gore alp-x 2.0 for £190, why would i buy an altura for £180?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Altura Attack X Waterproof Jacket’ is closed to new replies.