Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • altura attack jacket..good value??
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

as above really, they are on merlin for £99 from £130 so is it any good?

Vortexracing

mine seems great so far

GaryLake
    Free Member

First one fell to bits after 5 months, replaced (quite generously by LBS) with an ’09 model, so far so good.

Zips died on my ’08, I think they got clogged with grit during the wash so always do them up before washing. Waterproof taping all came away on the inside – no idea how to stop that. Both seem improved for ’09.

Ben_Haworth

The new Altura Attack jacket is reviewed in the new issue of Singletrack on sale later this week 🙂

langylad
    Free Member

I bought one from Merlin about 3 weeks ago. Went out for the weekly night time ride around Gisburn Forest, about 1.5 hours of (heavy) rain and mud and i got soaked to the skin. My mate had his new Gore Paclite on and was lovely and dry. I have rung Merlin who said to bring it back with the receipt but i can’t find it.

langylad
    Free Member

Oh, and his Paclite was cheaper at £90

Lummox

Have used my attack extreme through this winters cold temperatures,you’ll want some layers in the cold cold. It see’s off rain very well in my opinion, pit vents are good for when you’re working a bit harder, cut is very good ( i have long arms and the XXL fits really well), nice cut for on bike, reflective detailing. Chest pocket breathes so phones or ipods need to be protected if in there as the jacket will wick moisture from you into the pocket.

All in all i’m very happy and would say the react fabric is comparable to eVent so far.

Also i think it’s still avail;able for around £88 at discountcylces (which is where i got mine)

carlphillips
    Free Member

ah some interesting experiences there, i think i may have a look around at some other makes too before i make my final decision, thanks all

Vortexracing

Now i’m a bit bothered. Mines the attck, not the attck extreme, and although i only paid £70 from Merlin I still expect it to work.

I have only used it twice, so I suppose i’ll have to wait and see

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘altura attack jacket..good value??’ is closed to new replies.