Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • altura attack cycling trouser
  • andykentos
    Free Member

Found the altura attack cycling trouser, anyone used them, are they worth it for bad weather riding?

Never ridden in trousers really but would like something for when its proper cold, was thinking these with thermals under.

Liftman

Yes good waterproof trousers but also get the braces that goes with them.

ebennett

Worth trying on as well, I got the attack shorts in a medium and for the life of me I can’t work who they’re basing their size chart on. The term voluminous springs to mind!

Northwind

The shorts’ sizing is weird, I’m a total IS medium and yes I wear a medium but cinched in to the absolute minimum, and they’re baggy and long in the leg. Which works really well, but it’s not how they’re supposed to be. The trousers are the same material and it’s great for shorts imo- robust, waterproof yes but not so heavy or thick as to really feel weird, and most importantly they’re not precious about washing- mine just go in a normal 30 degree machine wash. Riding shorts/trousers that need special care are worthless imo.

IIRC ChrisL was wearing a set today and complaining about the waistband adjustment and lack of support/belt. Meanwhile I was in my shorts, in the snow, being hardcore.

mattyfez

Yeah it’s always worth trying them on for size.. Endura have the same but opposite problem.. As in you’ll need a size or two larger than you’d think.

andykentos
    Free Member

so maybe i should just carry on with shorts and wearing pads for warmth!

cp

I use mine for commuting on very grim days. Really like them, fit well and cinch in round the lower legs very well. They’re not baggy at all.

goodgrief
    Free Member

The normal Attack shorts and trousers are to be worn over your riding gear so they are sized large. I’ve got Attack X trousers which size up pretty normal and fit well. I use them when I know I’ll be riding trails with lots of puddles in cold weather.

Suggsey
    Free Member

They’re great winter crud and crappy wet trail riding gear, been using them the past four or five years. They won’t be warm and I wear bib Knicks under mine on tame trails and bib shorts and knee pads on rougher/riskier stuff. They handle a fall pretty well too. Sizing is accurate in my experience ie XXL is a real 38″ waist. Biggest bonus with the cinching ankles is no water in the waterproof riding boots!

Northwind

goodgrief – Member

The normal Attack shorts and trousers are to be worn over your riding gear so they are sized large.

Not really. You probably could do this but they’re designed as standalone shorts/trousers- the nightvisions are overtrousers though

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘altura attack cycling trouser’ is closed to new replies.