Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Altura Attack 360 Jacket
  • Dogsby

I am after a new waterproof after getting a bit wet the other day. In my research I came across the 360 and having been trying to find a review or opinion of one without success. Does anyone have one and would you recommend it?

Cheers

Dogsby

Northwind

I’ve got the older Attack, not the same jacket but in the same vein, if that’s any use- It’s a great bit of kit but no lightweight- proper winter waterproof, it’s very breathable but breathable doesn’t keep you cool. But when it comes out, it earns its keep.

Dogsby

Northwind, I have an old Altura jacket which I think is an Attack and it has served me pretty well over the years with a bit of re-proofing. The weather here in NI is testing it slightly though and I fear it may need replacing!

Northwind

Yeah, we’re hard on waterproofs in the UK I think, I’ve never found anything that works on a wet scottish summer or autumn day- if it’s waterproof, then it’s too warm, breathable doesn’t stop you cooking. So I figure, might as well get a hefty, bombproof jacket that’ll keep you dry no matter how horrible it is, but in return you can only wear when it’s horrible.

Get one of these:

http://www.joke.co.uk/storefront/productimage?type=medium&product_id=71066

geordiemick00
    Free Member

i’m not sure which one I have but it;s the one that was the atttack version that was £179.99!! It’s really lightweight, not breathable at all but utterly watertight. It packs up quite neatly but after 18 months the zip has bust and the rear pocket has a zip which my back pack has rubbed through the flap that covers the zip.

Overall for the money i’m rather disappointed in the quality.

mickle141
    Free Member

Ive just bought one and it’s great – if not a little warm. But then a bought it for using as a proper winter jacket. Not sure I’d want to wear it any other season. http://www.3peakscycles.com/p/6406/Altura-Attack-360-Waterproof-Jacket-2015

jimjam
    Free Member

I had one, and suffered a stupid fall into a big pile soft pile of leaves, kind of like a failure to clip out topple off at no speed and the shoulder bust open. Fair enough, I fell off so I taped it up. A month or so later I was dicking about in the snow and fell into a deep snow drift, the other shoulder bust open in the same way – nothing punctured it, it just split.

So I sent it back for warranty and Altura saud they didn’t cover their extreme mountainbike specific jacket for things of that nature.

Shortly after that the jacket delaminated and melted into a big sticky ball in the washing machine. I sent it back again and Altura’s response was that no one gets to try and warranty something twice. Wouldn’t recommend them.

postierich
    Free Member

I tried one on but they have those silly inners cuffs on which are a pain in the ass so decided against!

devash
    Free Member

Like jimjam said, Altura stuff can lack durability and they rarely honour their warranty .

winston
    Free Member

Every single thing I’ve bought from Altura except 1 pair of gloves has been totally rubbish

Panniers? Self detatching
    Clothes? Self destructing

I think the only reason the gloves lasted is because I didn’t use them for cycling!

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Bought a new Gore Path, water proof to replace a worn out Endura Convert for a 5 day loop in Summer… in the lakes… yeah it poured down every day on & off, great jacket bit short across your arse to stop getting wet through where as the attack 360 is longer & Ok a heavier jacket but very waterproof.
    I don’t think any breathable jacket will ever breathe enough to be sweat free under it though. If you want light weight then Gore have a seriously expensive range but get your wallet out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Altura Attack 360 Jacket’ is closed to new replies.