Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Alternatives to the Troll for an all round multi purpose bike?
  • mylofitz
    Free Member

Really fancy a Surly Troll and condense two of my bikes into a multi purpose do it all. Unfortunately a little outside of budget but finding it very hard to find a comparable alternative. Years ago mtb’s all came with multiple braze ons but struggling to find any new steel frames that fit the bill. Any suggestions?

johnnystorm

Fargo?

Fortitude adventure?

Inbred has rack mounts and you could pair it with a salsa fork for more options?

maccruiskeen

condense two of my bikes into a multi purpose do it all

What are the two bikes you are trying to condense? And whats the ‘all’ you want to do?

My brother’s got a Troll that I’ve taken for a spin. Although it used MTB components it doesn’t feel (to me) very mountain-bikey. Maybe its the way he’s got it set up – he’s more of a commuter/tourer – but it feels more Treking/hybrid to me.

When space was at a premium for me and I needed to do everything with one bike – An inbred, two sets of wheels (one 26″ nobbles, one 700c), a variable travel fork that could be locked out and a Y frame trailer was my bike for all reasons. I used the 700c for road ride but used the trailer and 26″ Big Apples for touring.

mylofitz
    Free Member

I’ve just had to write off a specialized sirrus with a broken frame. I’ve a dawes edge comp ht with 80mm travel forks and a steel saracen set up as a pub/commuter bike fitted with some hardrock rigid forks, mudguards and racks.

They are taking up too much space. I’ve also got a decent road bike, ti hardtail and a folder so need to downsize.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to the Troll for an all round multi purpose bike?’ is closed to new replies.