Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Alternatives to Teapigs?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

I really like the Teapigs the teabags, but they’re expensive.

Are there any quality alternatives?

It’s mainly for their peppermint tea, as it doesn’t have the dry bitter taste that normal bags leave behind.

Cheers

Ricks

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Have you tried the Mighty Leaf tea and teabags?
    They’re really good and I think they’re a bit cheaper than the Teapigs stuff.

akira

Brew tea company is good but not cheap.

vickypea
    Free Member

Mr Pea and I complained about the tea we were served in a cafe, it tasted contaminated with something vile.
    Turned out they’d given us Tea Pigs tea. They replaced it with a normal brew! 😛

wukfit
    Free Member

Disappointed 🙁

I was hoping this thread would be full of cute little animals, like teacup pigs

rickon
    Free Member

Mighty Tea Leaf are £6.50 for 15 bags, Teapigs are £3.40! They’re very expensive indeed.

I’m now looking at looseleaf and a decent teapot with strainer.

rone

Aldi make a high end peppermint (as opposed to their regular boxed item) tea bag. GF only drinks peppermint tea and says they’re the best bagged. And only 99p.

Beyond that if you want a brewing set up then Suki pots/infusers and looseleaf are great.

Tea pigs aren’t that great, and owned by Tetley IIRC.

ericemel
    Free Member

Loose leaf?

There are tons of decent ones about! Even Fortnum and mansions (excellent!) lose tea is better value than tea pigs

mefty
    Free Member

Maybe grow peppermint, it will grow really well in pots indoors in the winter but do not put it in a bed with other plants as it will take over.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to Teapigs?’ is closed to new replies.