Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Alternatives to Royal Mail
  • ratherbeintobago

Having a constant eBay clear-out of low-value items (mainly stuff that the Misses RBIT have gorown out of) but getting thoroughly fed up with Royal Mail, as the postage prices for small packets have rocketed.

Anyone recommend me an alternative? Are Collect+ any good?

covertbaz
    Free Member

I’ve used Hermes quite a lot with no problems, very reasonable prices and come to you to collect

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Royal Mail are still OK, but stay within the small parcel limit. 8cm depth is the killer!
    Medium parcels the price rockets up.

Tracey

I posted a stinger this morning. Packed as small as it would go. The roller part failed the thickness test. £3.70 please. Its getting to the point where its not worth while selling stuff. Last set of wheels cost me £20

mintsauce5
    Free Member

try collect+ sent a few things now , no problems so far 🙂

dooosuk
    Free Member

+1 for Collect+

coldhams1
    Free Member

ive used parcel monkey recently for a smallish parcel. used a city link courier and all went smooth.

ratherbeintobago

Its getting to the point where its not worth while selling stuff.

That’s our feeling, too.

kenkyujo
    Free Member

How particular are Collect+ about the exact sizing of your parcel. I’m needing to send something around 600x150x100mm, but notice that they quote a parcel size of 50x30x30cm. Have you ever had anything rejected for being oversize?

Hermes might take it but not had a recent good experience with them.

nealglover
    Free Member

Its getting to the point where its not worth while selling stuff.

It’s the same amount of hassle as it always was.

Work out what it will cost to post.
    Advertise price and postage cost accordingly.

What’s the difference ?

BadlyWiredDog

How particular are Collect+ about the exact sizing of your parcel. I’m needing to send something around 600x150x100mm, but notice that they quote a parcel size of 50x30x30cm. Have you ever had anything rejected for being oversize?

I just dropped off a package at a Collect+ collection point – my local petrol station – which was a tad oversized, though not as much as yours sounds to be, and they didn’t bat an eyelid. Obviously I can say that’d be the case elsewhere, but they were okay with that. I guess you could always ask in advance rather than pay online and then find they won’t take it.

I used them before to return something to CRC and it got to them just fine, if a little slowly.

ratherbeintobago

Neal – the problem isn’t the hassle. The issue is that the postage is getting sufficiently expensive that it’s putting people off low value stuff that might have sold for a couple of quid in the recent past.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to Royal Mail’ is closed to new replies.