Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Alternatives to Rapha?
  • flange
    Free Member

I like the look of the Rapha stuff, but frankly their pricing is a joke. Any alternatives? I’ve got Castelli stuff which is nice but fancied a change.

prezet
    Free Member

Vulpine is a nice new label on the scene – good quality stuff, still quite pricey though. Or try Morvelo.

yunki
    Free Member

Alternatives to Rapha?

getting a grip..?

nickf
    Free Member

Setting fire to tenners is a cheaper alternative…..

flange
    Free Member

getting a grip..?

Shut it pauper….

cynic-al
    Free Member

LIdl stuff is well priced.

LOL @ “I like the expensive stuff but it’s too expensive”!

neil853
    Free Member

Shut it pauper….

+1 🙂

GregMay
    Free Member

I will sell you clothes, give me all your money, they will be bespoke augmented city riding cycle apparel*

*pants I crashed in

DezB
    Free Member

but frankly their pricing is a joke.

A joke that some folk just don’t get.

flange
    Free Member

LOL @ “I like the expensive stuff but it’s too expensive”!

Fair point – just on some of the stuff they really do take the piss. For example, their two water bottle pack (one 750ml, one 500ml) is £18. Which is madness…

I like the jerseys and stuff, and the gillets look very nice but just wanted to see if there’s anything else about before I spend the money.

Morvelo stuff looks nice, their website is being updated at the moment but back Monday so I’ll have a look then

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

giordana?

damo2576
    Free Member

Assos? Good stuff.

damitamit
    Free Member

Torm.cc?

atlaz
    Free Member

For example, their two water bottle pack (one 750ml, one 500ml) is £18. Which is madness…

Bought a 750 for 3 quid in a sample sale. That said, look at the full price 2012 bottles from pro teams. 6 quid for a 500, 7 quid for a 750. So 13 quid. Okay, that means you’re paying a fiver for Rapha’s name as the bottles are no better.

Ladders
    Free Member

Any alternatives to Rapha

Here you go

http://internationale.teamjva.com/

dirtyrider
    Free Member

the bottles are rebranded camelbak podiums

so as a twin pack they are about the same price as camelbak branded ones?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ladders, +1!

Rapha – A triumph of the marketing art! I salute them!

Ladders
    Free Member

I really used to love Assos, but when I was younger it was out of my price range. Now I’m a bit older and it is almost in my price range I’m going off it because it seems to be the clothing of choice for fat city boys and people who train with aero wheels!

In to Santini at the moment

ac282

there is no other option. rapha is the only stuff allowed if you want to spend you time riding an Italian road bike to cafes to drink esspressos.

carbon337
    Free Member

le col
    morvello
    exteondo
    Assos
    castelli

Ladders that link is brilliant.

Cant afford the Rapha stuff really but i get the family to buy me evouchers for borthday and xmas and just use them to save up for stuff. Im hoping they release a long sleve jersey soon rather than the winter jersey. Im after something for in between 5-14degree type weather which is what we have in the North east the most.

Pick up the hat, socks and oversocks myself every now and again.

Ladders
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong, I think the Rapha stuff is really nice! Just don’t like their pricing point decision which only makes it accessible to certain groups.

I’d also recommend Vulpine as it’s been set up with a lot of passion by a cycling nut! Lot of attention to detail as well.

RichT

Torm.cc for some wool jerseys.

carbon337
    Free Member

That Torm stuff looks great – whats the fit like?

ourmaninthenorth
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to Rapha?’ is closed to new replies.