Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Alternatives to Lifeproof Fre for iPhone 5?
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Somewhat afeared to take my phone out cycling and gadding about in the rainy puddles – but other than shell out 60 plus has anyone found any economical yet reliable alternatives of late?

leeph
    Free Member

I’ve been using an otterbox commuter and a pod sac from Planet X.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

zip lock bag for 10p?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

zip lock bag for 10p?

Thought about it, but a pain in the ar5e taking pics, and i take lots…

Thought about a Griffin Survivor, anyone dropped one in a puddle/stream and did it die?

simonjj
    Free Member
    pipiom
    Free Member

Try this, cheap as and works a treat

convert

Just get the lifeproof.

I’ve just about worn out the 4s lifeproof case that I’ve had for 3 1/2 years now. But the point is the phone is still mint and actually works despite living a life of being thrown in the bottom of bags, in a workshop, in a wet back pocket cycling, shoved down the neck of my wetsuit swimming, and generally manhandled by an oaf. And at the same time the case is not so mahoosive as to make the phone cumbersome in ‘normal’ use. It’s a £600 tiny computer that lives where computers shouldn’t, so £60 on a case that enhances it’s life and extends when and where you can use it is not so bad.

dudeofdoom

I’ve a surviver and tbh wouldnt want it to get submerged (the ports arent waterproof).

My phone lives in my waterproof bag or waterproof jacket and I use a garmin for bikey duties..where stuff may get real drenched.

dudeofdoom

I’ve had an aquapac and really didn’t like other than for real weather stuff,
    reminds me of those femidom things…

I’m with Convert, Its a case i’d spend my own coin on, Never know when you you may need it for emergency and if you’ve landed in a puddle on top of it with a broken leg your gonna be crying when it dont work..

jam-bo

LifeEdge? UK based alternative to the lifeproof.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Thanks folks, the wise part of me tends to agree that I should save and get something more proper, until then I’ll go with a piggyback battery case and screen shield and take the old Samsung bouncing tough-phone on the trails 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to Lifeproof Fre for iPhone 5?’ is closed to new replies.