Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Alternatives to coffee / caffeine
  • dannybgoode

I am trying to cut out coffee / caffeine at the moment – doesn’t help with my depression much.

Are there any herbal teas that people can recommend that are good for a morning pick (legal ones please!).

Cheers all

Danny B

slackalice
    Free Member

Nettle

hs125
    Free Member

Green tea.

Sandwich

I didn’t cut the caffeine out completely just drank coffee or full fat tea up until midday. The theory being I was caffeine free by sleep time in the evening.
    Redbush tea works for me as a tea substitute as I can have it with or without milk, though it taste is similar to “real” tea.

Mackem

Mint tea – seems good for digestion too.

bearnecessities

Yup, mint. Grow a bunch and dry it out, or just pick fresh and tear it up.

Or clipper coffee, which from memory is decaffeinated using water treatment, rather than chemical.

warton
    Free Member

Green tea.

not Caffeine free.

Redbush tea is quite nice, I used to drink it when i was caffeine free.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

a good cup of coffee can combat depression IMHO. Its all about moderation I guess. I used to drink 8 cups a day, and did feel pretty lousy.

How about cutting back, x1 cup on waking, x1 at midday, and tea for the afternoon.

bearnecessities

^^^ Did anyone else mis-read that?

sas78

I did the same a year back, I’m a heavy tea drinker and found the Tetley decaf tea to be pretty much indistinguishable from the full bore one. Needs a bit longer brewing time though.

Ginger tea is also great, particularly in the morning (Burt and Tangs I like – but you can make a great cup with grated root ginger in hot water with a dash of honey if you want it sweet) – and Jasmine tea (but I think this may be caffeinated?).

Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.

bigh
    Free Member

Lemon and ginger is the only one i can stomach,I actually like it now.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

bearnecessities – it is easy to misread oooooops LOL

I should have clarified, I feel on top of the world, and great after a nice cup of black gold. Its when I drink in vast excess this pleasure turns into caffeine rage!

tomd
    Free Member

About 2 months ago I cut back from 5 or so coffees a day to one or two a week.

– Redbush tea is quite good, as someone said above
    – Lemon and ginger
    – Mint and nettle
    – Vanilla chai (the “Pukka” braned one)

Best thing about it is I really look forward to my one or two nice coffees a week. And, when I drink coffee on bike ride i end up flying for a couple of hours, where as before it did nothing except make me feel less crap.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I really like the dragonfly brand redbush and vanilla, tastes almost like white tea on its own.

Yogi teas orange and ginger is one of my favourites too.

Routeunknown
    Free Member

St Johns wort comes in a teabag form from most health food shops but you would have to check that it does not affect other drugs you are taking…

especially the pill……

may or may not be applicable to you!!

CaptJon
    Free Member

White and yellow teas are much lower in caffeine and very tasty.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

^^^ Did anyone else mis-read that?

yes…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to coffee / caffeine’ is closed to new replies.