Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Alternatives to Cane Creek Angleset
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Is there anything else out there which is similar to the Cane Creek angleset?

Northwind

Works Components do one which is better imo- cheaper and simpler, and more angle variation available. And less moving parts to cause bother.

Burchy1
    Free Member

what Northwind said. Happy with mine

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

just get over it and pretend that you fitted it and your head angle is now fashionable and you are able to ride like a rad gnar god.

edward2000
    Free Member

Mike – i once tried that but crashed. I put the fault down to mt head angle being 0.5 of a degree out, nothing to do with me of course…

Ahem

Northwind

You may mock but I could feel my 2 degree change through a dozen mattresses.

duir
    Free Member

Head angle makes a massive difference to the ride. I had a demo on an all singing all dancing silly light carbon 160mm bike this summer back to back with a 5lbs heavier 140mm bike. The 140mm rode miles better due to a 1 degree slacker head angle, doesn’t sound like much but at speed or especially on really steep stuff it means you are a rider rather than a passenger.

Anyway, works components stuff is very under rated (because it isn’t in DIRT 100 etc) but it is very high quality, works really well, is half the price of Cane Creek and made in the UK.

In fact, works headsets were recommended to me by Nicolai, from an engineering perspective you can’t get a higher endorsement than that!

Northwind

Yup- mine is genuinely the reason I still have my current bike, it was very good before mind but slacked off and big-forked it’s exactly what I want, that wasn’t true before.

JoeG
    Free Member

I have the 1 degree 1 1/8″ Works Components one, and am quite happy with it. The handling change was quite noticeable.

The only problem that I am aware of is that the upper bearings tend to wear out more quickly than normal. This is likely to due to the flat top of the headset cup, which makes it easier for water to get in. I had to replace my upper bearing after about 2 years use. They are a standard size and commonly available, so easy to find and not expensive.

I would buy again!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to Cane Creek Angleset’ is closed to new replies.