Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Alternatives to BT for phone, internet etc
  • wl
    Free Member

Time to dump BT as I’m paying way over the odds, I’m sure. I just need wireless internet for domestic (not business) use, a landline and the ability to watch the occasional film on iplayer/Netflix etc. Who gives a decent service at a reasonable cost? Any tips welcome. Ta.

brassneck

Plusnet well worth a look. Owned by BT I think, but cheaper and excellent customer service & reliability. Been with them 15 odd years now in one form or other. Not the cheapest, but I have no complaints at all. Even had a router upgrade for the postage cost when mine packed up.

Disclaimer: Ping me a mail if it looks of interest, I can get a bit of a discount from referrals if I pass on my Plusnet mail address 🙂

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Sky have been good for me for a couple of years.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

wl, we’re looking at doing the same. Our BT bills seem to go up each month. Last month we used £15 of extra calls over and above what our package allows. This month, zero extra calls and yet the bill was £3 less than the previous month. I don’t understand it.

So far, (we’ve not done much research) Sky look good. I believe they have an offer at the moment for unlimited calls and unlimited internet for £25pm. I don’t think theres any line rental etc on top of that and you keep your existing phone number.

Only problem is, we’re on BT Infinity. Not sure if being on fibre optic means we’re tied into fibre optic from other providers?

wl
    Free Member

Cheers for these tip, all. Keep them coming. Are Talk Talk not worth a look?

brassneck

So far, (we’ve not done much research) Sky look good. I believe they have an offer at the moment for unlimited calls and unlimited internet for £25pm. I don’t think theres any line rental etc on top of that and you keep your existing phone number.

Last time I looked (as they do have some great bundles) it made sense if you had a tv package as well you wanted to keep. They also tend to look at my post code and lose interest in me, as there’s very little upselling they can do with our connection (and I don’t have or want Sky channels)

hammyuk
    Free Member

EE here – paid upfront for the phone line for the year which made it £11pm
    And £2.50 pm for broadband!!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Plusnet have been great for me for about 14 years too. Just rolled phone in to broadband and ‘left’ BT.

The unlimited £2.99 deal (plus phone) looks good at the moment but I’ve not read the small print.

http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/unlimited/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to BT for phone, internet etc’ is closed to new replies.