Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Alternatives to blue hope seat clamps.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I've heard mixed reviews on hope qr seat clamps. I like to think that you can't really go wrong with such a simple bit of kit but are there any alternatives to these little fella's. In blue.?

druidh
    Free Member

The new Hope clamps are supposedly a lot better.

sobriety
    Free Member

Salsa?

slowrider
    Free Member

ditto both of the above. hope new ones are better, salsa are thought of as the best by some though.

Frizzer
    Free Member

Salsa from me as well.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Googling salsa. Cheers.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

If you can make do with just a bolt (not qr) then Spank do nice blue ones, that match the Hope skewers for colour quite well.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

+1 for salsa, lasts forever, feels better, looks nice.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

the new hope ones are pretty good. they have improved the lever loads. i have one in gold mmmmm

geetee1972
    Free Member

Have both a salsa and the new hope clamps and they are both excellent. The hope edges it for me.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Hope ordered. Edged it on price plus it will match all the other blue hope bits. Roll on the new build.

deus

have you tried a different colour?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Nope. Why.?

epicyclo

I'm curious – what's wrong with the Hope ones? Mine have been ok so far.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Many moons ago I can't remember where I heard you couldn't get them to tighten properly. Just one of them things that sat in the back of my mind.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Got a Hope QR a couple of weeks ago. Seatpost hasn't budged up to now, but it always did with the other cheapo i had on.

slowrider
    Free Member

the olde hope ones broke if you ran them on the tight side. at least they did for me. always good on the warranty though.

sunchaser
    Free Member

Another vote for Salsa.

TooTall
    Free Member

Used both, weigh more than most of you lot, never had a problem. Seems more people 'hear' of a problem than have one.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Quite a lardy lad myself and my current one slips when I am seated on slow bumpy stuff.

PJM1974
    Free Member

The Hope clamps with a rounded handle snag on my shorts more often than the more recent, squared design. Bit its small beans really.

deus

a red or a silver one instead of a blue one, as an alternative 🙂

Northwind

I've got no issue with the current Hope one, works very well. Not really any better than any other QR I've used but it's still good, anodising's good as well. I think it's the old wheel QRs that have the bad rep?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to blue hope seat clamps.?’ is closed to new replies.