Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Alternatives to 29er Big Apples?
  • NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Looking at a pair of these but they are pricey, cheapest i can currently find is 40 quid a pair fir the wired version. Anybody recommended a 29er slick (ish) tyre with a decent width, 2″ would would be ideal.

Ta

crush83
    Free Member

Not sure if they come in 29 but shwalbe cx cross tires are good. Got them on my ss comuter

daveh
    Free Member

Your search ends here.

Superior to Big Apples in every way! <£50 the pair delivered.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ampthill

The solution IMHO is jut to buy them from on one

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/TYSCBALSKGF/schwalbe-big-apple-liteskin-kevlar-guard-folding-tyre

IMHO the marathon is a different beast. More puncture resistance but a much stiffer heavier carcass

Oops the only have 1

double oops its a 26

Ok I’ll try again

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/panaracer-panaracer-pasela-tour-guard-rigid-tyre-700-(622)-prod998/

These are much more like big aplle but less big. But the 37 still comes up at a good size

takisawa2

I’ve a pair of 1.75″ Conti City Contacts that I took off our old Kona Ute.
    I can post you them for £20.
    (£15 if you can collect / meet around Lichfield).
    Only done about 50 miles.
    TBH, the 2″ Big Apples I put on were hardly any bigger at all.

MSP

IMHO the marathon is a different beast. More puncture resistance but a much stiffer heavier carcass

Not the marathon supremes, they are far far better than the other marathons, or big apples.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I have the Marathon Supreme on my cross bike and they are very nice, check out bike discount de and in the trekking tyre section, loads of choice.

ampthill

Ok I stand corrected

daveh
    Free Member

Yes, Schwalbe Marathon can mean pretty much anything, the word that comes after Marathon changes the purpose/features/nature of the tyre completely!

vondally
    Free Member

selling my Big Apples 2.1 wired with less than 150 miles on for £35. posted see ad

ad and email and so on

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to 29er Big Apples?’ is closed to new replies.