Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Alternative to Whyte 19 Carbon Race…
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hello,

I'm looking at what race hardtail to buy for next season, I'm very much interested in a 19 carbon, as I've been racing my E-120 this year and it's been awesome – although i'm faster on ascending on my hardtail by a decent amount.

What is there that STW'ers are running as their race hardtails that are comparable? i.e. carbon, stiff, and sub 23lbs……

Cheers

Ricks

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Rocky Mountain Vertex RSL?

rickon
    Free Member

I did think that, but it's not very good value for money – you can buy a whole Whyte 19 C, and a set of XTR cranks for the price of a single Vertex frame….

Hmmm…..

Dibbs
    Free Member

Lovely Whyte 19 Carbon, anyway I've heard the the UK distributors of Rocky Mountain are often rude to some of us older STW'ers (or maybe its just me richie) 😆

rickon
    Free Member

Whyte's (well ATB's) service has been fantastic, i cracked my E-120 in Scotland nd they replaced it without even seeing the damage. Proper good service from them chaps.

pinches
    Free Member

ATB really are good on the service side of things, and the 19 C range is really nice. a complete 19 Race is £2799? i think you'd have to look at Focus, Cube, on one whippet? to beat that for value.

avdave2

Scott Scale 30 There are some cheaper deals around but not across the full range of frame sizes.

Nonsense
    Free Member

If you want bargaintastic what about the new on-one carbon scandal? Built up with whatever you like.

rickon
    Free Member

Carbon Scandal? Do you mean the whippet? I thought the Scandal was named after being made from Scandium………

pinches
    Free Member

was made partly from scandium at one point before they changed the dropouts.

Carbon one is indeed, a whippet. Same geo as a scandal, new rear dropouts and modern headset fitment, and press fit BB.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to Whyte 19 Carbon Race…’ is closed to new replies.