Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Alternative to Thule roof mounts?
  • nickc

Not bashing them. I think the product is excellent, however they are a “premium” brand, roof mounts bars and rack comes to just shy of £300!

Are there any more reasonable alternatives with similar reputation for sturdiness?

Whatever happened to Rocky Mounts btw, any one got one of their racks at all?

matt_outandabout

Gumtree or eBay for Thule secondhand for the win.

I just sold bars and mounts for £45, each roof bike rack was £20.

I just bought different feet and mounting pack for £32.

I bought a Euroclassic 4 bike rack for £100, with a couple of dints in back but fully working.

GavinB

By the power of Google, I give you http://www.roofbox.co.uk/roof-bars/

We’ve got Thule on one car, and Atera on another. Both good, however got the Atera ones most recently, and they seem really good, and were much cheaper than the Thule ones.

boxelder

I’ve got Thule footings and bars for a VW Sharan and similar that aren’t being used. Footings are new and unused and bars excellent condition

fadda

Might be worth an ad in the wanteds.

I have feet for a Saab 9-3, and for an A5 that I could easily get rid of, as well as a complete set of bars/feet for a mk6 golf.

Must get round to placing an ad!

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Must get round to placing an ad!

Me too. Got a set of feet for an old Saab 93. Used the same bars for four cars with different foot packs. Happily the feet from two cars ago fit the current car.

Only used Thule so nothing constructive to add, sorry.

bruneep

Yes, have a few footpads lurking in garage. What car OP?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to Thule roof mounts?’ is closed to new replies.