Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Alternative to sewing up a jersey
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Pretty sure I’ve seen some sort of iron on strip, a bit like a suture? I ripped the sleeve on my club jersey and it would be a booger to sew up.
    Know what I mean?

aP
    Free Member
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t think the iron-on solution works with stretchy material. An attempt to repair a rip on my very stretchy specialized softshell jacket resulted in the iron-on patch falling off the first time I wore the jacket on a bike ride.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickdavies

How big is the rip? I’ve patched small holes using neoprene glue both sides as its stretchy and they’ve held – couldn’t see it working for a large gash though. You can get repair tape for fabric, ripstop tape should hold could be overkill though.

http://ripstop-repair.co.uk/products.html

nealglover
    Free Member

Get some decent quality Duct tape. Put a piece on the inside and use it like a patch to stick the fabric to.

Then medium heat iron on the outside, with a tea towel over the jersey.

Have been repairing ski gear like that for years, and a patch on one of my jackets is still holding after 12 years.
    (Including a few washes. .)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

As it happens I got my previously mentioned specialized softshell jacket back this afternoon after it was repaired by ZippyStitch in Bromley. They did an excellent job for 12 quid. I would strongly recommend them to anyone who is in reach of one of their branches.

Home Page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to sewing up a jersey’ is closed to new replies.