Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Alternative to MAxxi crossmax
  • scotabroad

Been away from MTB for couple of years my usual tyre combo was ardent up front and cross max rear. Rear tyre needs replaced, anything with similar handling/ grip but improved rolling resistance. Still on 26″, tubed and likely to remain so, happy to put same back on but just wondered if times have moved on…

stevied
    Free Member

There’s a new version which is a slight improvement on the original.
    I used to like the Crossmark as a a cross country tyre.

blueflamespecial
    Free Member

Interesting as I’ve always thought the Crossmark is great in terms of rolling resistance. Really fast although it’s definitely a dry/summer tyre in my opinion.

I bought another as a replacement a couple of years ago but it’s the LUST version and weighs over 900g (and thats 26″)! Think that’s a bit ridiculous for an xc tyre.

Been running a Geax AKA over summer which is light, pretty fast rolling, and hasn’t punctured once. I like it.

I run a Hutchinson Toro when things are less dry but it won’t be as fast rolling as the Crossmark.

Probably going to get lots of different answers I’d imagine!

scotabroad

Being 18st the crossmax still grips pretty well on armoured trails but not so much off piste as it were, I think I will just but another one 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to MAxxi crossmax’ is closed to new replies.