Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Alternative to Ebay for selling music?
  • tops5
    Free Member

I’ve decided to sell all of my wordly goods to finance a new frame.

Every storage space in the house is full of CD’s and I have loads of Old Skool House Music on vinyl.

I thought I would bung some on Ebay but after a quick check it looks like music on any (physical) format just isn’t selling – would I be better off at somewhere like Discogs? Anywhere I else I should know about?

Cheers for any advice

SilentSparky
    Free Member

We just got rid of a whole stack of CD’s and used Magpie.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Magpie good if you want to shift a load all at once, but they are basically a reseller aren’t they so you pay for the convenience of gettong shot of them all at once rather than in a zillion little transactions.

ebay good for ‘popular’ music on vinyl, i sold loads of metal and grunge to europeans who simply had to have it on vinyl, some of the auctions went well silly! 😀 Fees are very high once you factor in listing, final value and paypal fees. Anythhing that goes for less than a fiver just isn’t worth listing on ebay any more IMO.

If you have the time and patience it’s much easier to list on discogs than ebay, the fees are waaaaay better and you can just leave stuff on there until it sells. You don’t pay to list it, only if you sell it. Feedback system is ok and you aren’t obliged to use paypal.

tops5
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice guys

gonetothehills
    Free Member

It’s quite quick to list on play.com, once you’ve set up your seller account. You’ll not make a fortune though. 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to Ebay for selling music?’ is closed to new replies.