Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Alternative to Cotic Simple
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I'm slowly coming to the realisation that the combination of my Simple's horizontal dropouts and the Rohloff Speedhub isn't quite working. Ideally, I'd like exactly the same bike, but with either sliding dropouts or an EBB. Any suggestions?
    Oh, I'd also like pannier rack mounts too…

richcc
    Free Member

Dialled bikes love/hate is an option maybe?

AdamT

Don't know how they really line up, but the sanderson soloist looks pretty nice.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Go custom.

richcc
    Free Member

Thorn Sterling – **** knows what it's like but it's ready to be Rohled

Clink

Get paragon sliding dropouts put on your simple by a frame builder and take the opportunity for a nice new coat of paint 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Love/Hate won't take 130mm forks.
    Tempted by a Thorn Raven Enduro, but its got weird gemotry and tyre-clearance issues.
    Clink – by the time I've paid for new dropouts and a respray, I could sell the Cotic and with the extra buy a custom Rourke.

Presently torn between Orange P7 or a Singular Hummingbird.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I reckon Clink's got the right idea. If you want something like it but with different dropouts…get new dropouts! 😉

nickc

Out of interest, why isn't it working?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Slotted dropouts make wheel removal a faff when combined with the speedbone. That and cos the axle is a qr, not nutted, it slips a bit even with a tugnut. I'd like something with nice parallel vertical dropouts, either sliding, or fixed with an EBB to take the slack.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Probably heresy around here, but I prefer my P7 to my Soul, so I think you're right to have it on your shortlist.

saladdodger
    Free Member

what about a Soul and use a Rohloff chain tensioner??

just a thought cos I like my simple so much I am going to sell my full susser and get a soul

puffnutts
    Free Member

Getting rid of a Simple is always a bad idea. Spend the money on the dropouts and paint and some nice cable routing. All the great Simple stuff will still be there underneath. My favourite bike. You know it makes sense.

puffnutts
    Free Member

…and the rack mounts.. you could put those on too. Perfect

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to Cotic Simple’ is closed to new replies.