Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Alternative to an Islabike Cnoc 14
  • Harry_the_Spider

After a display of “Showboating” in the park this morning it has become apparent that my little lad is ready to move on from his Islabike Rothan.

Can anyone recommend a quality first pedal bike for a 3 year old? Having just been on the Islabike’s site the price of the Cnoc 14 was a little eye watering.

PTR
    Free Member

We’ve had a Rothan then Cnoc 14. The trouble is, that it spoils you for alternatives, nothing else seems to compare. Our boy’s next bike will be a second hand Isla, even after fitting new tyres and cables etc and the price is not too bad.

sidders34
    Free Member

Not a lot cheaper, but my 3 year old has one of these from here. Has a pedal back brake which is much better than a hand brake (find them difficult to get the power to pull them hard.

http://www.freeborn.co.uk/specialized-2010-hotrock-16-boys-1

Both this and the isla bike have great resale prices, so will probably work out cheaper in the long run.

Chris

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    big_n_daft
    Free Member

I went through this last Christmas

In the end I decided the residual value on the Islabike makes the cost OK. They seem to go for good money secondhand.

most of the alternatives don’t have steering limits which put me off as well

geoffj

Ridgeback MX 14 or 16 is as good as a Cnoc IMHO.

Harry_the_Spider

Hmmm… we’ve gone and sorted all of his Christmas presents already thinking that the bike would last a little longer, but then the little sod went and put on a “display”.

When he started going backwards with the same level of confidence as he shows going forwards we decided that it was time for the next step.

I blame it on all of the Danny MacAskill videos that he watches on You Tube.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to an Islabike Cnoc 14’ is closed to new replies.