Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Alternative lever solution for Guide RSC?
  • submarined
    Free Member

I’ve got Guide RSCs, and other than bleeding, I really like them. However, I have a not insignificant issue in that when the bars spin when I inevitably crash, the master cylinder/hose whacks the top tube 🙁
    The levers are way flatter than I like already, so rotating more than they already are is not an option.

Unfortunately, the steerer is too short for me to add any more spacers, and due to stem length, I’m only going to get at most 5mm or so by sticking one with more rise on.

The issue is basically that the Guide lever exits at about 30 degree to the bars. Only realistic solution I can see is to swap out the levers. Other than switching the whole system (Hope Tech3 levers look like they would work well, but I wouldn’t want to use them with the Guide calipers) are there any alternative levers that are compatible with my Guide calipers?
    Alternatively, any other cheaper alternatives I’ve missed?!

I don’t want to go to a longer stem, and I don’t want to add too much height to the front end with silly high rise bars (mine are 25mm).
    I’ve tried rotating bars to get them as far from the TT as possible, but to no avail.

SirHC

Acros Block Lock?

enigmas
    Free Member

Stick some padding on the frame like a chainstay protector cabletied on? I’m sure a prettier solution could be thought up.

That, along with not having the levers too tight so they spin in a crash, would stop any damage.

submarined
    Free Member

I’ll check out the Acros thing, ta 🙂

Carbon bars, so as much as I traditionally am fine with running the levers loose, I’m a little cautious about doing it with these. 🙁

otsdr
    Free Member

Rubbery bits stuck to the downtube, like on the new Specialized Epic?

submarined
    Free Member

I’ve used Man Maths.
    Hope E4s on order…
    Not true man maths, or they’d have been V4s.

nickdavies

I’ve got the same and a matching set of dinks in the top tube. I’ve taken the technical fix of wrapping insulation tape and a little bit of foam around it. I’ve used the green and yellow tape so it looks a bit cooler.

TBH there’s not a set of brakes I’d rather have, and I’d definitely not change just because of that. The only ballache is when you really stack it and the levers go over the top tube you have to get the tools out to put them back.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Alternative lever solution for Guide RSC?’ is closed to new replies.