Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Alternative Christmas gift…. supporting the homeless (not asking for money!)
  • walla24
    Free Member

Hello folks, I am putting together a care package to be donated to St Petrocks (http://www.stpetrocks.org.uk) who support the homeless in Exeter, and wondered if any of you might be able to help?

I have no connection to the charity but, as I’m sure we can all imagine, winter is a horrible time to be out without a warm home to go to!

A nice idea is if you don’t know what to get someone for christmas or don’t want to waste money on some useless tat they’l only use once, why not put the money towards a few of the items on their wanted list and i’l send you an ecard with a photograph of the donated items which you can give instead and let people know they have made a difference to someone in need.

They have a most wanted list of items which is:
    -Sleeping bags
    -thermos flasks
    -rucksacks
    -mens jeans (ideally smaller waist sizes)
    -mens socks/underwear
    -waterproof jackets and trousers
    -t-shirts and fleeces
    -mens sturdy shoes/boots

I currently have a number of sleeping/bivi bags, thermos flasks and will shortly have some waterproofs, it would be amazing to make this donation as big as possible!

If you have any of the listed items and would like to donate them please message me and I can either collect them in the exeter area or if you have a few bits I will arrange free postage if you can package them up.

No money donations for obvious reasons although they can be made through their website http://www.stpetrocks.org.uk

I know this isn’t a lot of folks cup of tea so please, if you have something negative or trolling to say….don’t.

Cheers all, Jon
    jonwalla24@ gmail.com

walla24
    Free Member

one bump for the evening crowd, no replies so far

robdob
    Free Member

I don’t really have anything to donate I’m afraid but I’d would like to encourage others to do so.

I used to raise money at school for a local homeless charity and their work was great. You are normally with the small charities like that funding or helping directly at the point of need and anything you can help with really doe go a long way.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Trekster

Likewise don’t have anything to donate, good luck.
    I have been supporting a charity which looks after disadvantaged kids for some time which employs a biking buddy of mine, he doesn’t know this …..

Cougar

I’ve almost certainly got a spare Thermos or two, unless they already got whizzed. I’ll have a dig about when I get chance.

walla24
    Free Member

Thanks for the positive comments guys, I have no doubt that St Petrocks do sterling work.

Cheers cougar, ping me a mail if you find some and il arrange collection mate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Alternative Christmas gift…. supporting the homeless (not asking for money!)’ is closed to new replies.