Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Alternative 120mm fork to fox ?? your thoughts.
  • twedspeed
    Free Member

Fox terralogic 2011 in cashima with big axle = £839.00 – ,m not made of money FFS – whats your thoughts on other brand 120mm travel forks and whats your reccomendation – up to 130mm ? .

robhughes
    Free Member

revs…

mboy
    Free Member

Rockshox SID’s start at less than half that price from Merlin Cycles. Even top notch SID world cups are significantly less than that…

nuke

Might be worth having a look at Manitou Minute Pro 120. Thinking about getting some myself after reading the review in ST recently…seem decently light (3.5lb iirc), 20mm bolt thru and under £400

br
    Free Member

The 120mm Reba maxle is very good.

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

xfusion velvet?

chakaping
    Free Member

Reba RLT ti with 20mm Maxle lite.

Superb fork: light, stiff, incredible damping. I think On One have some deals.

glenh
    Free Member

Reba is ok, but the damping is bobbins compared to the fox*.

*blackbox damper may be better, never tried it.

chakaping
    Free Member

blackbox damper may be better, never tried it.

Yep, it pees all over Fox open bath damping. Supposedly better than FIT too, but I’ve not tried that.

jameso

Yep, Reba Team RLT ti black box is a great fork, every bit as good as a Fox overall. Still not quite as well contolled in compression (as a FIT 120) when it gets nasty or under really hard cornering, but a nicer spring progression, more tuneable at home and easier to look after / obtain in the first place. Very well rated, I like them a lot.

Northwind

Blackbox is basically motion control with the bad bits taken out. Better on balance than FIT, I think, certainly easier to set up.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Just fitted some 120mm Sid XX forks and very pleased. Was running 120mm blackbox reba teams prior. They are a bargainiferous £429 at On One and definately an improvement on the rebas that were also excellent to be fair!

Stiggy

Friend of mine has just bought those 20mm Manitou Pros and is very impressed. Dirt liked them too.

corroded
    Free Member

Just bought some 2010 Reba Team 120mm Maxle forks from Jenson at a ludicrously cheap price. Will be finding out how good they are over the weekend but on paper they’re pretty much the perfect fork for the riding I do.

twedspeed
    Free Member

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve a 120mm Reba SL – 2009 I think. Its a pretty good fork and the Moco is better than on my old Pike.

I used to think it was pretty much as good as it gets for a fork of that type, but I’ve recently retrofitted TPC+ to an old Manitou Nixon and that makes the Reba feel like its broken. The difference (Apart from full shim controlled rebound and compression – unlike moco) is the dual flow circuit/floating piston. For this reason, I’m thinking that black box moco (which has dual flow circuits) will be markedly better.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I have some 2009 Reba Teams and Reba Races, both set to 120mm.. Strangely they both cost the same from on-one.

The Teams are considerably more stable in braking and when chucking my weight around.. They feel more invisible in use, if that makes sense. They’re a piece of piss to service too. I can’t really compare them to foxes as I’ve never owned a pair.. I preferred the idea of having some forks which are actually sealed.

dickie
    Free Member

I’ve just changed from 09 Fox F120 RL to 2011 RockShox SID RLT Ti 120mm, really like them especially at £449 from On One.
    They also have them in XX flavour for £475 with hydraulic lock-out, cheaper for lower spec’s.

wwaswas

Marzocchi 44 Micro Ti set at 120mm (get the QR15 one if you can make your wheel fit).

Fabulous fork – I’ve got two now (one at 120 on a Decade Versa, one at 140 on a c456).

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Alternative 120mm fork to fox ?? your thoughts.’ is closed to new replies.