Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Alterations to backpack – anyone recommend a company please?
  • cinnamon_girl

Help! I love my Wingnut backpack BUT it is designed for men. I have a very short back which means that it sometimes catches and also the chest strap is in the wrong place!

Can anyone recommend a company who can do professional alterations?

Thank you so much.

cinnamon_girl

Is druid still banned cos he might know somewhere?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I had a zip replaced through Snow & Rock last year. Prompt, good job and fairly reasonable. I don't know if they'd reconstruct the pack, but they might be able to do something.

sheldona
    Free Member

Wingnut do a ladies strap to retrofit iirc

ART

Oooh sorry for hijack GC – but BD how much did snow and rock charge u? I have a loved camelback where one of the pocket zips has gone, would be brill to sort that one out. Ta. 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

I can't remember ART. I think it was plenty, but not a lot to give a much-loved 10-year-old pack a new lease of life. IIRC they took it, sent it away for assessment, sent me a quote, I paid and they did the work. I didn't have to commit to spending the money until they'd worked out how much it was going to be. 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

Scottish Mountain Gear: http://www.imagescotland.com/scottishmountaingear-home.asp

But Wingnut do a shorter strap option, have a word with Propel, the UK importer.

ChrisE
    Free Member

Definitly, definitly, definitly use these people;

http://www.tundra-repairs.co.uk

They are the girls who used to be the old Berghaus R&D team in the UK. I have used them a few times for repairing a rucksack, for a camelback (replace a zip) and to transform a Gortex jacket,

C

Creaky

HM Supplies in Aldershot do rucksack repairs. I believe they also have a shop in Camberley. I'm sure they can relocate a strap for you.

rootes1

take it to an upholsterer, someone who does horse tack or motorcycle leathers/etc – they will be able to do the work and likly to be someone local to you.

cinnamon_girl

Thank you so much for all the useful replies 🙂

It isn't just the chest strap with the Wingnut, the whole pack needs to sit higher on me which entails altering the harness.

Lots of checking out to do.

rickmeister

Aguille In Stavely, supliers of bespoke kit to Mountain rescue Teams and Outdoor Centres. Ask for Adrian.

http://www.aiguillealpine.co.uk/

marsdenman
    Free Member

CG – don't know which of their packs you have but, I just looked at their WEBSITE and, for most models, they list a 'small shoulder straps', for folks less than 5ft 4"…..
    Have a look – it's listed on the left of screen, below the picture of the pack.
    Sounds like it's that you need?? So may be worth and e-mail, either direct, or to the UK distributor?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Alterations to backpack – anyone recommend a company please?’ is closed to new replies.