Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Already looking forward to breakfast….
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Black pudding! Nom, nom and indeed nom!

Oh, and some bacon, eggs and fried bread as well. Perhaps even a nicely grilled tomato or two as well.
    😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Mushrooms?

geoffj

Special occasion or have you gone all iDave on us?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Geoff, it’s a Sunday Breakfast of Champions, and the last Sunday before a mammoth month of travel, so am getting some proper food in before leaving these fine shores. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I know it’s because it’s Oirish, but seriously, if you can ever get your hands on this stuff (in both Black and White varieties), it really is worth a try. Absolutely delicious – Mum always does me a cooked breakfast with this on any of my first mornings back home. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Darcy, is that Clonakilty? If so, it is indeed superb stuff!

*edit – bigger picture so I can now see that it is indeed Clonakilty!

Mine for tomorrow is from the local market, via a butchers in Faversham, Kent way.

geoffj

The Bury variety I hope!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mine for tomorrow is from the local market, via a butchers in Kent.

Y’know, even in cheapy greasy spoons, it’s normally the only part of a breakfast that never disappoints. Local is always good!

grantway
    Free Member

Zero the Black Pudd
    Poached eggs a winner

geoffj

*looks at blood pressure chart on wall

Computer says no 🙁

wallop

Got a 3hr drive to Liverpool for breakfast tomorrow. 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

geoffj, you’re dropping sad smileys all over the forum.

Remember how it felt when you stroked my face? I do. 😳

*manhugs geoffj*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Grantway, am undecided on poachers or fryers. Will decide when the moment moves me!

Darcy, local is indeed good! Was great to see how busy the market was today, so many people buying good quality stuff! I also have a nice rack of Romney Marsh lamb waiting for dinner tomorrow….!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Has he stroked your face? 😯

The dirty….bastard. 😐

I’ve got to try some of that saltmarsh lamb one of these days, heard a good few bods banging on about how good it is. Is it especially salty at all? What’s the difference then?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Romney Marsh lamb

😯

Christ, is he farming now?

mefty
    Free Member

Local is always good!

Except in Scotland, they don’t put enough fat in it in my experience. It is got to have white cubes of fat.

RustySpanner

Kent? For Black Pudding?
    Do you buy Taiwanese Champagne?
    Chinese Cheddar?
    Pork Pies from anywhere but Melton Mowbray?

Black Pud comes from Bury:

Certain perverts will claim that Stornaway or Clonakilty puddings are superior to the Bury variety, but then some people will say anything for attention.

geoffj

Cheers DD! Life’s pretty good really – I’m lurking on here avoiding the MIL (no F) whilst Mrs J puts the sprogs to bed then its off out to the pub – which is a rare treat I can tell you.

Elfin – saltmarsh lamb is very nice, more sweet than salty. There’s a butchers in Kendal that I use when in the Lakes, that has it. Wonderful stuff.

cheers_drive

Oooh I might have to order some Clonakilty. Our local butcher is excellent but changed ownership earlier this year, the sausages are still the best but the black pudding is shite now.
    My favourite breakfast is Black pudding, potato waffles, grilled tomatoes, baked beans and mushrooms. Served with German curry ketchup.

nich3000
    Free Member

German curry ketchup

😯

*Adjusts halo* Well I’ll be having a nice piece of toast with PB and banana.

john_drummer
    Free Member

breakfast? I haven’t even had any f***ing lunch or dinner 👿

I’ll be ready to hunt kill & cook something by breakfast time

derekrides
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member
    Kent? For Black Pudding?

It’ll have been imported, it’s on the banned substances list, but we have so many immigrants from oop north, came down to mine coal, dig big holes in the ground that lead to France, never went back, so some traitorous butchers accommodate them with their disgusting eating habits.

spacemonkey

Grantway, am undecided on poachers or fryers. Will decide when the moment moves me!

We ‘froach’ them in our house 🙂 Start off with some gentle frying, add a little water and pop a lid on top. Continue for 2-3 mins and job done.

yossarian
    Free Member

I’ve got to try some of that saltmarsh lamb one of these days, heard a good few bods banging on about how good it is. Is it especially salty at all? What’s the difference then?

It’s very different elfin. The meat has a finer texture and is much more flavoursome. In Kent, Romney Marsh is great for it, as are the Seasalter levels.

Black Pudding from Faversham Captain? Which butchers?

bullheart
    Free Member

My breakfast is a Lemsip.

(…sigh….sniff)

🙁

catnap
    Free Member

well how was it ? did it live up to expectations 😆

trailmonkey

i got inspired by this thread and cooked up a full english this morning – full metal nommage

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sooooooo goooooooood!

trailmonkey

😆 classic gif

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I exceeded my quota of Bath Ales Gem (I may even have had five, nutter that I am) last night and currently might struggle with a Full Oirish…however, gimme a few hours and I reckon I’ll manage one for brunch. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Darcy, men do not eat “brunch”. It’s in the rules.

allthepies
    Free Member

5 pints of a 4.8% beer would do a bit of damage 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Already looking forward to breakfast….’ is closed to new replies.