Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Alps Solo
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

Has anyone been to the alps (specifically Morzine) solo, if so how did you get on and do you have any recomendations?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I would but I’d book a group chalet and not in Morzine (personal preference)
    if somewhere like this had space and people like me I’d go with that
    http://www.whiteroomchalet.com/

P-Jay
    Free Member

Nope, but I’ve done a few Solo days out there when I’ve taken my family, but I really like riding Solo, on occasion.

I took a week with Trail Alpine a couple of years ago in one of their smaller chalets, there were a few people out there on their own – it was a half-board deal so everyone ate breakfast and dinner together on a big table. Trail Alpine AREN’T the best holiday company in the world, the accommodation was a bit run down to say the least – my bed for example collapsed at one end – so I slept on the mattress on the floor, the food was a bit crap – the Chalet Host was an absolute star, but they only gave him a few € a night per head for food on the last night we had Chicken Curry, only without chicken, but I was drunk and didn’t care.

BUT best trip to the Alps every, we were lucky to have a great group in our Chalet and even though we were of very mixed ability levels, we rode in a big group, or 2-3 smaller groups made up of different people – they also offering guiding which is made up of bigger groups from their various chalets 10-20 riders so you’re bound to find someone you can get on with / ride with.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Alps Solo’ is closed to new replies.