Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • alps – italy
  • Blower
    Free Member

whats the lift assist like there if any?

Switzerland too exspensive now.

huggybear
    Free Member

At Molini freeride , Italy there are only upliifts , with 15mins drive up and up to an hour down . Also lifts don’t shut a 5pm like the alps , so you can start at 10am have a long lunch and ride to 7pm if you wish and season runs to the end of Oct .

Blower
    Free Member

thought there was some ski lifts there

1hr downhill is where its at.

Marko

Too late for this year.

We rode most of the ‘Alpi bike resort’ trails this summer – well the ones with lifts that were open. Their season is really August,with some lifts open in a random Italian way in June/July. Most are open at the weekends.

Quick round up:
    Prali: Middle of nowhere. I had the lift to myself. Rocks, roots and steep in places. No place for a beginner.
    Sauze D’Oulx: Classic. Nice mix of trails, but the upper lift was only open at the weekend.
    Bardonecchia: Split over two venues. Random lift opening times. Campo Smith has some nice easy runs and classic brake bump fest ‘reds’.
    Sestriere: Shut when we were there. Open at the weekends in July.

As far as I’m aware these are the lift assisted resorts. The others in the ‘Park’ are for those that like the uphill stuff – not me. I believe there are miles of old military roads to explore, but you will be duelling with the Motor X community.
    Good enough for another visit next year 😆
    Hth
    Marko

Blower
    Free Member

was meant for next year.
    Prali sounds good,not that bothered for the normal runs,but more the off beaten track stuff,
    **** the climbs too,just want the lift assisted stuff 😀

which is best place to stay to get it all as in a goos base to stay?
    cheers.

huggybear
    Free Member

Hi not wanting to blow my own trumpet (hoot hoot ) but everyone that comes to Molini freeride says it’s way better than Alpi park , the links are poor and random ,where as here 90% of the tracks end in molini it’s self , so you can do 6/7000 meters of decent in on day !! NO PEDALING .

mk1fan
    Free Member

Pila’s good for a long weekend. Though a full week would start to get repetative.

Cervinina is the other side of the valley for Alps XC too.

chakaping
    Free Member

We spent a day in Pila/Aosta this year and I’m keen to go back.

Some good trails in the bikepark and the amazing long Pila to Aosta Freeride run from the bottom of the bikepark back to Aosta on the valley floor.

La Thuile (sp?) bikepark not far from there and looks good, but we didn’t have time to visit.

France just over the hill from there and Bourg St Maurice/Les Arcs area – which you probably know is amazing for riding.

lucien

Some uplifts and lairy riding around Lake Garda – look at this link Garda Bike Link to get started…

Trentino Alps (Dolomites) must have stacks of riding as it’s a majot ski destination….but other than that can’t add anything useful.

Italian Coast (San Remo way) has some riding / trails / uplifts / companies, sure someone will be along here soon enough to post up.

Price wise, have found the same as you France, Switzerland very expensive when compared to Italy, Austria etc on things like food, fuel and accommodation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘alps – italy’ is closed to new replies.