Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Alps in September?
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Has anyone been to the Alps mid September? Are there any lifts still working by then? If so where abouts?

wl
    Free Member

Just booked Verbier for Sep 10th. Can’t be sure but from sketchy memory I think in that particular resort there are some lifts still going but possibly not all. Some lifts might have reduced frequency too. Off with http://www.bikeverbier.com so lift access is pretty irrelevant as they have a van and trailer to reach the best trails.

GregMay
    Free Member

Some of the lifts around Chamonix will be open – weather permitting.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Verbier too

Have a look at guided company websites, they generally have van uplifts available

Trailseeker
    Free Member

We were riding lift assisted into October in the Zermatt area.

zomersetglider

Did Morzine in September a few years ago, chairlifts working out of Morzine & also Les Gets but the Pleney cable car wasn’t which pretty much stops you from easily getting across to Chattel/Swiss border etc.

Grump
    Free Member

Here’s a link to opening and closing dates for a load of north western alps resorts. Most of Chamonix, fair bit of Verbier, and all the wee unknown swiss Valais lifts will still be turning. More than enough for a week!

MSP

TP emailed me yesterday, apparently there is still a place left on their valberg uplifted week.

http://trans-provence.com/valberg

obiwankenobi
    Free Member

We went to les arcs in september last year, think it was the first couple of weeks and all lifts were open. Would def go back.

MadPierre

We’re going Austria in September – Saalbach and Leogang. They’re open.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies/links. Think im going to be looking at a guided weeks riding, so bike verbier or similar could be good

wl
    Free Member

jake – I can massively recommend Bike Verbier as will plenty of others on here. Don’t leave it too long to make your enquiry though – they’re deservedly busy. I just booked last week and they had some places left, but going fast.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Ive just dropped Bike Verbier an email to see if they have spaces week of 17th or 24th of September.

jambalaya
    Free Member

You won’t be dissapointed, the “known” Verbier riding is excellent and by all accounts they are at another level

wl
    Free Member

jake – good luck! Sure you won’t be disappointed.

They are indeed at another level. It’s a super-smooth operation and the riding is quite incredible really – loads of stuff well off the beaten track, accessed by van and trailer, pedalling, and some tiny local lifts. The resort itself has plenty to offer, but you really need guides and transport to reach Verbier’s best stuff IMO.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Bike Verbier all booked up unfortunately. Im going to book it early for next summer though. Any other recommendations for companies doing guided, lift assisted riding mid September? To be fair I had thought it would be too late to book it this year but thought i would give it a shot just in case.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not a masive surprise they are sold out

White Room Chalet
    Basque MTB
    Trail Addiction

Even if ski lifts aren’t running they have van’s

Verbier Bike Park has an Enduro map/kmz downloads plus bike park but to be honest riding out of the way Enduro trails on your own isn’t really safe imo. As above Chamonix runs till mid Sep so you could do a few days there first, about 1hr drive between them.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Verbier. Lifts best before Sep 19 when most are open. After that the bikepark and middle enduro trails are served from Medran until mid Oct but the lift up from Les Chables only tuns at weekends (pretty sure there is the bus though) and the longer better enduro trails run all the way down.

Linky

zero-cool
    Free Member

Livigno has a pretty long season and lots of trails. They also tend to have nice weather

wl
    Free Member

Bad luck about this year. Deffo worth going with Bike Verbier in 2017 though, and September’s a good time of year thereabouts. Backcountry trails there are incredible.

dannyfag
    Free Member

I can recommend “Powder and Dust” in verbier. We went a few years back and stayed with them a few times. Absolutely great guys, riding and the food was fantastic…. Big group of us and all agreed, the best riding ever!!

dannyfag
    Free Member

I can recommend “Powder and Dust” in verbier. We went a few years back and stayed with them a few times. Absolutely great guys, riding and the food was fantastic…. Big group of us and all agreed, the best riding ever!!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Alps in September?’ is closed to new replies.