Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Alps holiday next year
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

Trying to go on an Alps holiday, but the wife isn’t upto full on DH, need to go somewere with flowy alpine trails with birds in the trees and with uplift , 😀 not to techy just steady fun stuff,

Any ideas, we went to Morzine and Les Gets a few years ago she coped fine on the green runs , but it would be nice to have a more sedate week of riding, she has an old Santa Cruz heckler 140mm front and back so should be fine on that,I have a spare dropper to go on to.

any ideas and recommendations 😀

gilesmartin81

Check out Tignes, it is just what you are after and all the lifts and other sports including pool and spa are free

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP more sedate than PdS Greens ? Assuming she’s comfortable blues and easy reds at PdS I’d suggspest a guided holiday with Bike Alp at Samoens. Close to Les Gets if you want to zip back, quieter area with some very nice riding. Note IMO natural trails (ie paths) which comprise a lot of the riding are more technical than a Les Gets Green or even a Blue. Companies like White Room or Trail Addiction based around the Les Arcs area will do gentler groups but sooner or later you’ll run into some pretty steep terrain which may not be what you are looking for. I’m no “shredder” so I prefer slower more technical riding but you have to be prepared for some pretty steep stuff.

If you want more sedate than Green I’m at a bit of a loss, that’s high level xc really and and pedal up.

Twin
    Free Member

I’d second Tignes, something for everyone (and Free!), full of greens, blues and easier reds. Had a great time there in July, close also to Les Arcs, La Rossier, La Thuile (Italy, other side of the mountain to La Ros). Would recommend Chalet Chardons, their Sophia chalet was great, food was superb, think it cost us £220 for the week for bed, breakfast and evening meal (including wine), afternoon cakes and use of the hot tub/sauna. Also very secure for bikes. – http://www.chaletchardons.com/cheap-hot-tub-chalet-tignes.html

No need for guides in this area – unless you’re desperate to get off piste then the waymarked trails are ideal.

wallop

Miles of fun, easy trails at Tignes. There are no trees though.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Thanks for you help i will have a look at Tignes cheers 🙂

zero-cool
    Free Member

+1 for Tignes. Quiet, flowing trails without braking bumps.

Actually it’s rubbish there and you shouldn’t go – that way I get all the trails to myself.

Seriously though, last year we probably only saw about 30 people there in 3 days.

Perfect
    Tom kp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Alps holiday next year’ is closed to new replies.