Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Alps guided holiday recommendation wanted
  • lochussie
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a good company for a week of enduro/trail riding? Looking for something like 500-1000m up and 2000+m down per day. Would go trail addiction but no space when I want. Been to Spain with Switchbacks many happy times but fancy the Alps this time.

lardman
    Free Member

White Room….
    Bike Verbier….

there are lots.

coogan
    Free Member

Whiteroom. Been five times, five times it’s always awesome.

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member
    singlespeedstu

Can’t go wrong with Bike Verbier.
    Great trails and brilliant chalet and food.
    It was like an EWS social there a couple of weeks ago. Ludo May, T-Mo and Hanna Barnes all dropped in to say hello during the week.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above plus have a look at Basque-MTB. TA Destination-X is good too. As you are happy with 500-1000m climbing you can do out of season weeks in Sep or October

As a general tip you generally need to book in Jan/Feb – this year is quite unusual in that there is any availability left at all.

Del

wot lardman said.

mikeep
    Free Member

Another vote for bike verbier.

Bike village is equally awesome.

mrhoppy

White room does not fit your criteria, its more like 5,000+m descending/day. 😀

Candodavid
    Free Member
    gravitygirl
    Free Member

Thanks Candodavid!

Yep, I haven’t got a full package ready to book yet (although I am planning to for 2017, but probably not launching it October time as I need to finalise a few things first), but for the time being am guiding in Les Arcs, Meribel, Courchevel so if you wanted to go the “do you own thing” with regards to accommodation and hire a guide separately I’m ya girl!

I’ve just recently set up a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/theinsideline.mtb/

Otherwise, another big thumbs up for Bike Village – I worked for Sam a couple of years ago, there’s a reason at least 50% of his bookings are returning customers…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Alps guided holiday recommendation wanted’ is closed to new replies.