Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Alps. Flowing singletrack. End of September. Where shall I go?
  • martinwilly
    Free Member

Sorry for the no-doubt much-repeated question.

Morzine? Samoens?

Prefer to climb than get chair lifts. Big mountains and technical descents not required.

Singlespeed (but forget I said that)

johnners
    Free Member

Tarentaise Valley. Bourg S-M, Les Arcs, loads round there.

martinwilly
    Free Member

Thanks Johnners, perfect.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Seconded , Vallandry makes a great base for some nice riding as does Borg St Maurice. If you get the urge there are lifts but there are some great XC trails too.

Having said that I'd try the Sierra Nevada in September for better weather.

RicB

We've been with Rivierabike the last 2 Septembers and conditions have been perfect. Awesome riding too, including a 40 mile xc route that'd be mostly SS friendly and ends at the beach. Best trail I've ever ridden that 🙂

gothandy

If you after flowing single track I'd consider Northern Spain.

I'm in a bar now and after the first day of riding can say it was excellent.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/48008279

Doug is a brilliant guide and the whole set up very professional. Done the Alps a few times and the single track here is just as good if not better!

Home

martinwilly
    Free Member

Superstars. Thank you. Will look at those other options, starting with Rivierabike.

freeride_addict
    Free Member

Personally I think Bourg / Les Arcs is one of the overall best places to ride in the world….

….BUT for lift accessed riding only.

If you want to ride uphill, especially on a singlespeed, you will struggle there. Its just too steep unless you want to climb on roads or fireroad all the time.

You'd be better off elsewhere, eg spain (some great routes around granada for example, Id recommend ridesierranevada as a starter). In september the weather would be better there too.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Tarentaise Valley. Bourg S-M, Les Arcs, loads round there.

We were with the White Room this year and had the best Alps holiday ever after two previous trips to Morzine.

We calculated (from a watch that has an altitude function)… 17,000m total descending in the 5 days riding we did.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

The lifts in the Alps might not be operating late September? Downtime before the ski season.

+1 for Rivierabike!

nickegg
    Free Member

'Backcountry' week with either Trail Addiction (Les Arc) or The White Room (Sainte Foy) is what you need. Virtually no climbing, all the hard work taken care of with van uplift and as Coolhandluke says…ALOT of descending.

Returning to The White Room on the 18th for the second year in a row 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Alps. Flowing singletrack. End of September. Where shall I go?’ is closed to new replies.