• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by igm.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Alps Advice
  • mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Looking for the unusual items we’ve not thought of for a couple of weeks in the Alps. Got the normal stuff, bikes etc but anything you’d not like to forget next time or something you wish you’d had?

TexWade
    Free Member

Mech hanger?
    Spare spokes?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Oh that serious to need spokes too. Neither of those was on the list. That would end it quickly.

BoardinBob

Bleed kit

imnotamused
    Free Member

Should be on your ‘normal’ kit list but in case it’s not a tyre boot/patch/business cards/small piece of tyre etc in case you rip a tyre.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

A big pair of testicles.

jes
    Free Member

I had a chorus of “who needs spares spokes” from riding buddies, the answer was with a niche hub set up I do.
    Broke four spokes on the drive side hammering through a rock garden on a 6″ travel bike because fingers were to tired/sore to brake and just had to ride it out.
    Would have screwed up the holiday if I hadn’t had the spares.

Others stuff
    If you have a dropper post, take a spare standard one just in case.
    Spare tyres and tubes or even a spare set of wheels with a different set of tyres.
    Brake pads and bleed kit
    A selection of nuts, bolts, chainring bolts etc.
    Rear mech.

Some of the group took two bikes over, but we did drive over with vans.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Perhaps a complete donor bike is the answer? I will pack my spares box. Spoken and mech hangers, testicals perhaps, no dropper posts but the bleed kit is a good idea as is fresh oil and pads. Spare chain?

igm

A big smile – worry less, ride more

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Alps Advice’ is closed to new replies.