Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Alps 2017 rethink
  • a11y

Lift passes still free in Tignes, and open from 1 Jul.
    The chalet company I use (PeiseyVallandryRentals) have confirmed full resort opening 8 Jul, Vallandry/Lonzagne open daily from 1st. Funi/cachette open 1/2 (weekend of LesArcs Enduro2 which may mean trail closures). Transarc/Arcabule doesn’t open Saturdays either which makes it all a right PITA.

Thanks, I’m aware of PVR (mates have used them on all previous trips). Hmm, wonder if that means funicular/chachette are only open the 1/2 July weekend and not during the week 3-7 July before the full opening? Would be an utter PITA, especially as we’re staying in the campsite in Bourg…

I can’t add much to the other locations as most of my Alps experience has been Les Arcs. Did the PPdS event in 2010 and rode the whole PdS area then and again a couple of years later. Personal preference but we much prefer the singletrack in Les Arcs over the DH stuff in Morzine/Les Gets, etc. Not sure where Tignes falls into that, I’m guessing from comments it’s somewhere towards the Morzine/Les Gets stuff but not as nuttery or knackered?

a11y

https://youtu.be/ngpT1gfW8vI – Les Arcs 😀

BillOddie

I was in Tignes last summer for a couple of weeks with the Family.

I was grabbing a couple of hours here and an afternoon there.
    The Enduro trails, particularly the ones down to to Les Brev are ace.
    The DH trails over towards Val D’Isere are the best and less braking bumpy.

Stay in Les Brev at Chalet Chardons, they’ll look after you.

For 3 days and a mixed group I reckon it’ll be perfect. The minibus is a non-issue, send 6 out first, they can get a coffee at Le Lac and wait. I never saw more than 2 people on the shuttle getting on in Le Brev.

Some photos…

[img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8001/28349993172_a9858de53e_c.jpg[/img]

View this post on Instagram

@jazhamz looking fast! #mtb #tignes @chaletchardons

A post shared by Dan Lees (@danlees78) on

dantsw13

A11y – I’m 99% certain that’s right, and the funicular won’t open until 8th. Maybe go and camp in Tignes/Val for a week?

Bill O – you are selling it to me !!! Anybody who wants a proper gnar day can always head to Bourg on the Sunday to go and ride double header & La Varda.

scottfitz
    Free Member

We might still go to Vallandry, with an away day on the Friday to either Tignes or La Thuile in Italy.

Also Pila is a must of a day trip!

Pedalinjunky

Another recommendation for Verbier depending on your trail preference the natural ‘Enduro’ style trails guided by Bike Verbier are awesome I’m fortunate to be aTweed Valley rider and the trails we rode last year were incredible. Happy trails

dantsw13

Decision time tonight over a few beers. Tignes is looking favourite – it seems to cover all bases and abilities.

The recommendation for Chalet Chardons is looking a good one – when I mentioned I was worried about the small bus, they’ve offered to drive us all up to Le Lac every day – now that is service!

dantsw13

Decision made – Tignes/Val, staying with ChaletChardons in Brev.

ahsf
    Free Member

the lift opening dates, the Funi will be open the 2 weekends before the main area opens on the 2/7/17
    https://www.lesarcsnet.com/lifts/summer-dates

dantsw13

I think you are correct, but that table is 2016 dates.

dantsw13

It feels real now – chalet booked, Eurotunnel booked, permission to travel from SWMBO.

Standby for a “Any off piste routes in Tignes/Val” thread 😉

ahsf
    Free Member

It is last years but it the same most years, they are open for this race in April http://en.lesarcs.com/live/focus/ski2bike.html
    A few good foot paths to ride in Val and Tignes but snow could still be and issue, all depends if it snows like late April like last year. A lot dumping this week .

dantsw13

I agree, but full opening a week later this year, and weekend only 2/3. Add the Transarc closed on Saturday too and it’s too much of a PITA.

dantsw13

I’ve become a bit obsessive over the Tignes/Val webcams, watching the snow, willing it all to melt! The snowlike is far higher than this time last year, so fingers crossed it all melts before July. Morzine looks snow-free already!!

buenfoxa
    Free Member

Are you restricted to driving in mainline Europe for any particular reason?

Maderia would be a good shout if not!

dantsw13

Only because we live so close to the Eurotunnel. Anyhow, its booked 😀

mahalo

We are there at the same time, and all week prior! plan is to stay in Bourg and ride what we can of Les Arcs with away days to Tignes, Val, La Thuile etc.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Alps 2017 rethink’ is closed to new replies.