Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Alps 2016 roadtrip
  • zomersetglider

I have the pleasure of an Alps roadtrip this July with the better half, our 5 year old Springer Spaniel, Spicy rig & our trusted VW T4. Ideally looking at a campsite for the bus close enough to enable me to have some early morning biking time and to allow for exploring on foot with the rest of the tribe during the remainder of the day.
    Chatel for the riding is most definatley my favourite but wouldn’t rule out anywhere else
    I do remember seeing vans parked up underneath the chairlifts in Les Gets..anyone know what the deal is there?

Also fond memories of Chamonix when I went in 2006 although believe there are dog walking restrictions in key places?

So any pointers I’d be grateful. Thanks 😀

Tracey

Verbier, Pila and sometime in Finale, well worth the extra drive, were our trip destinations last year.
    Not sorted out our full trip for this year but Verbier is on it.

Loads of vans on the lift station carpark at the bottom. Tahiti campsite in Finale.

BoardinBob

I do remember seeing vans parked up underneath the chairlifts in Les Gets..anyone know what the deal is there?

That bit was closed off last summer as they were building something fairly big there. Either a restaurant or new lift station. Suspect it’ll be closed off permanently now.

Camping wise round there I would go to Lac Montriond. You could always do Camp Carrefour in Morzine if you really want to spend time with loads of Australians…

zomersetglider

Good call Finale Tracey, I love it there…how many more hours/miles drive from the Alps ?

thanks Bob, shame about Les Gets…that spot looked quite idyllic back in 2013!

Tracey

We drove from Verbier to Pila about 1hr 30min. We then had a leisurely drive down to Finale which took about 4 hours, was well worth the added journey as the riding was so different.

wl
    Free Member

+1 Verbier. Preferably guided by http://www.bikeverbier.com to reach the best trails and really get the most out of your trip. Amazing riding thereabouts.

Marin
    Free Member

Me and Mrs doing round Chamonix and then Pila, Sauze Deux this year in our T4 in July. Italian side is great and bit quieter in my experience. We’ll be posh this year and do campsites though do like night on a high pass.

lewis75
    Free Member

Always loads of campers in the Carrefour car park in Morzine. I went to Pila and Verbier last year. Parked in the main car park in Pila. They allow vans but not tents.
    Parked my van just past the main lift in Verbier. There is a dirt road that leads up the hill from the lifts (go past the snazzy hotel with Ferraris outside) and there is plenty of flat ground and space there. Good times!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Alps 2016 roadtrip’ is closed to new replies.