Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • alpkit – what's going on?
  • core

I really want to buy some stuff off alpkit, have done in the past, and rated the kit and service highly, but it appears they’ve ‘upgraded’ the website, it seems less slick/user friendly to me if anything and I keep getting random pop ups of people using their kit.

But, more annoying is the fact hardly anything is ever in stock, at least not in the size or colour I want it, I’d have spent a couple of hundred quid with them this year if they ever had stock!

Great company, but they’re doing themselves a huge disservice by not being able to actually sell the stuff they advertise.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Noticed that also, got an email alert the the 650 mytimug was back in stock but website said out of stock! Decided to try to order it any way and to my surprise order went through and it arrived 3 days later. Think they need a better Web developer

whitestone
    Free Member

I know what you mean about the website – the menu system changed a couple of weeks ago, not that nice to use now.

I’m wondering if they have had a sudden increase in sales and they can’t keep up. They’ve also added new lines (the Sonder bikes and Love Mud components for example) and that could be adding pressure on stocking. The above is just speculation but it’s a fairly typical scenario due to lead times on ordering stuff etc.

They are a bit like an on-line Lidl – you have to take what you find when you visit.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Some of the UK made stuff is made to order / on back order. I wanted a Koala and a kanga, both were out of stock, but you can order through the ‘custom kit’ tab and it arrived in a week / 10 days.

AlexSimon

Alpkit stuff has always been in/out of stock when spring comes along.
    I guess their prices require long lead times and quantity predictions need to made way in advance.
    For years things like the Hunka, or the dry bags and Gourdon bags were hard to get for a couple of months a year – seems like that still the case.

Spin
    Free Member

Their website has always been shite. Good kit though.

survivor

I’ve not had any bother to be honest. There is a message on there explaining the stock levels and I just kept checking back. I’ve had a seat pack, fuel pod and frame bag over the last month or so.

Quality kit. Very impressed with what I’ve bought.

RustySpanner

They used to do a mail back service to let you know when stuff arrived.
    Always helpful.

Always been a bit like this, worth waiting for usually.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘alpkit – what's going on?’ is closed to new replies.