Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Alpkit merino wool long johns – serious sizing issues ?
  • adventurer
    Free Member

Wanted to get some merino wool base layers for bikepacking and camping to keep me toasty and having bought loads of gear of alpkit thought I would try their new base layers.

Well what a mistake that was…….

I’m a 34′ waist and have very slim (skinny) legs and I only weight 67kg

Ankle circumference is 20cm and base of lee is 33cm

Well I ordered a medium and omg I struggled to get them on, they were like wearing anti DVT tights. The waist was tight but to get them over my knees and my feet were a struggle. When I did manage to get them on, they were so tight I could not bend my knees properly.

I sent them some pictures of my knee and feet width as well, as I thought that this was some manufacturing issue.

I sent them back and have had not real response of what the issue is, but I did order a large size which according to their sizing guidelines should be way to big for me.

Got the today and obviously the waist does fit but a little big. The knees though are still to tight behind the knee! What on earth is going on with the sizing on the legs of these garments?

Well, unfortunately I’m having to send them back and get my money back.

I love alpkit stuff so I’m a little disappointed with these. I’m also a little disappointed with their customer service and I would have liked a response to my email and pictures when I think their must be sizing/manufacturing issues with this garment.

So if you are going to get a pair I think you better check the fit.

I love alpkit but unfortunately not this time.

STATO
    Free Member

You need skinny climbers legs, not cyclist legs. Had similar fit on their jeans.

adventurer
    Free Member

You could not get any skinner legs than mine and even the large was too tight.

ollybus
    Free Member

Had the same on a recent order of tshirt and hoody. Gave ’em to my 12 year old!

adventurer
    Free Member

I normally find alpkit great, especially since I have almost their full set of alpkit bikepacking bags. But this clothing issue I have had and their unusually poor customer service has really put me off buying clothes from them.

I was considering buying a down jacket but I’m afraid I can’t trust their sizing and will problem buy it from elsewhere even if it costs me more.

My normal supplier for merino wool clothes is EDZ, which I really do rate. Excellent t shirts. They do a pair of long johns as well but at around £60. I was going to buy these but then had an email from alpkit saying they no do merino wool base layers and thought as I like alpkit I would try them. How wrong was I.

I now know why alpkit are selling them for around £25 the sizings are awful.

Looks like I will be getting the £60 long johns from EDZ. I would rather pay the extra. At least with EDZ, if you have an issue they will send you a replacement with a prepaid bag inside to send your other one back.

With alpkit I had to pay signed for, for around £3.80 and said I was not happy to pay this again and the lady at alpkit, on the phone had the cheek to say it normally only costs a couple of pounds to post back.

Err. I’m sending these back to you twice and I’m nearly £8 out of pocket and you are fobbing me off……..

Well they did give me the Freepost address in the end.

What is happening Alpkit? This is not like you …………

STATO
    Free Member

Jackets ive never had a problem with, got of vone the limited run bely jackets and a down jacket, both fit perfectly. Its just i dont have skinny legs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit merino wool long johns – serious sizing issues ?’ is closed to new replies.