• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by mlke.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Alpkit lightweight Tent
  • mlke
    Free Member

Has anyone thoughts on the new Alpkit tent? It seems very light and therefore might be great for cycle camping?

DT78
    Free Member

Dunno, but I’m interested in any user feedback too

BadlyWiredDog

There isn’t any user feedback, I think, because the tent doesn’t exist yet? Their first crack at a lightweight tent went wrong and they sold it off cheap as a result.

The mountain tent range was pretty good I think, if not super innovative.

scotroutes

I’m not a fan of inner-first pitching in UK conditions – it’s too easy to get the inner soaked when pitching or striking.

I’m not a fan of orange tents – I hate seeing them in the landscape and prefer darker colours so I can pitch more “stealthily” when near civilisation.

Other views are possible

joshvegas
    Free Member

There is a post on bearbones about it.

Its quite amusing.

4th post

richpips
    Free Member

I’m off down there in a couple of weeks. If they’ve got one I’ll report back.

ahsat

Right well after very nearly ordering a tarp tent from the USA, I think that is our purchase sorted!!

convert

In the market so could have been interest, but the colour means a no go for me. Stealth green only for me.

grantway
    Free Member

Nice weights, but not a fan of inner pitch first tents

rt60
    Free Member

I went to the pub last night, got home and saw the e-mail and immediately ordered one.

I have no idea why as I have a very nice North Face tent, which is also orange, so maybe I thought I could have a matching set.

I wait to see what it’s like whn it turns up, but looking at it again this morning, it looks a reasonable bit of kit for the money.

somafunk

I’m very tempted to order one for my cycle back from Cyprus later on in the year but I currently have a six moon designs lunar solo, the lunar solo is only a single skin and rather lightweight so I dunno if it will stand up to a 3month+ camping/bike trip……I might hang on to see folks reports regarding the alpkit tent.

On another note I succumbed to the kelvin insulated mug, for some reason I felt I needed it

ElShalimo

Single skin = lots of condensation
    I hope it has lots of venting options!

scotroutes

It does

somafunk

I guess the lunar solo could best be described as the perfect crossover between a tarp and a tent, venting is certainly not an issue I have ever experienced but as it made of sil-nylon and thus very lightweight I am slightly wary of using it for 90+ days on the trot, perhaps I’m worrying needlessly though.

ahsat

Nice weights, but not a fan of inner pitch first tents

I’m with you, but having been taken in by a Lightwave Trek T30 last year at a very good price, and pitched it in the pouring rain, I have realised they aren’t that bad as long as you have practice pitched first.

Agree the orange isn’t ideal for a stealthy tent!

mlke
    Free Member

I’m not fussed by the colour but did wonder how robust it would be as it is v light

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit lightweight Tent’ is closed to new replies.